FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By elaineo
These are the "small red form" from the seed bank, donated by @Staats+17+. Pretty big for a small red form! These germinated in late February, and many are already sending up flower stalks :shock:
IMG_1770.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 2947 times
By ChefDean
Ah, that would do it.
I've got mine outside, and it's hot, but I've got higher humidity. They're just germinating, but they're doing well. A couple are little red specks, a couple are little greenish/pinkish specks.
elaineo liked this
By StaatS+17+
The small red form version isn’t miniature. It’s just smaller than most Binata. When it reaches adult size it will stay red/smaller or turn green/larger depending on how much light it receives. It grows and flowers quickly if you feed it!
elaineo liked this
By ChefDean
StaatS+17+ wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:25 pm The small red form version isn’t miniature. It’s just smaller than most Binata. When it reaches adult size it will stay red/smaller or turn green/larger depending on how much light it receives. It grows and flowers quickly if you feed it!
Is it self fertile as well? Or is it like most binata and need two genetically different plants?
By MaxVft
Wait, "Grogu"? As in the Mandalorian character "baby yoda"? :lol: :mrgreen:
By ChefDean
MaxVft wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:41 pm Wait, "Grogu"? As in the Mandalorian character "baby yoda"? :lol: :mrgreen:
Yes. Because, if memory serves, it was first described as smaller and ugly, and would stay green unless growing in good light.
It maybe I'm misremembering due to Bourbon ingestion.
MaxVft, elaineo, Panman liked this
By MaxVft
ChefDean wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:49 pm Yes. Because, if memory serves, it was first described as smaller and ugly, and would stay green unless growing in good light.
It maybe I'm misremembering due to Bourbon ingestion.
Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks
By Panman
Allow me to elucidate.
ChefDean wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:30 pm I'd like to thank Staats+17+ on his recent donation of D. Binata "Small Red Form". It's been a while since we've had Binata in any form in the seed bank, and these are especially cute. Kinda like how baby Yoda is cute, but Yoda himself looks like a hairy booger. OK, Grogu was homely too.
What? You didn't know his name? Well, then just don't read the last line of the last paragraph.
These things, the Binata, look like they'll eat up bugs like Grogu ate the eggs of that amphibian lifeform.
What? Oh yeah, another spoiler alert. Don't read that last thing.
Thank you Staats+17+ your donation is greatly appreciated.
Chef
It sounds like there was more Bourbon involved in the naming than the recollection. :lol:
MaxVft, ChefDean, elaineo liked this
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:56 pm Allow me to elucidate.
ChefDean wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:30 pm I'd like to thank Staats+17+ on his recent donation of D. Binata "Small Red Form". It's been a while since we've had Binata in any form in the seed bank, and these are especially cute. Kinda like how baby Yoda is cute, but Yoda himself looks like a hairy booger. OK, Grogu was homely too.
What? You didn't know his name? Well, then just don't read the last line of the last paragraph.
These things, the Binata, look like they'll eat up bugs like Grogu ate the eggs of that amphibian lifeform.
What? Oh yeah, another spoiler alert. Don't read that last thing.
Thank you Staats+17+ your donation is greatly appreciated.
Chef
It sounds like there was more Bourbon involved in the naming than the recollection. :lol:
That's what it was! ^^^^ What he said!
Stay away from Bourbon kids, unless it's the good stuff.
Panman liked this
By MaxVft
ChefDean wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:27 pm Stay away from Bourbon kids, unless it's the good stuff.
:lol:

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!