FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Here is my hybrid attempt at growing my darlingtonia outside in Georgia. First, it only gets direct sun until about noon and then gets filtered light through a shade cloth and trees. Next, it is in a zeer pot, (aka cold pot, refrigerator pot) setup for daytime cooling through evaporation. Finally, it has a submersible fountain pump that will flow the water over the soil in the evening. My plan is to put a frozen bottle of water or two into the reservoir for the pump to chill the water. Nightly it would require topping off the water and swapping the water bottles. What do you think?
Attachments:
20210620_150638.jpg
20210620_150638.jpg (3.55 MiB) Viewed 2749 times
By michijake
Sounds promising! I’ve never grown darlingtonia but have been looking for ideas on how to do so, thanks for the inspiration.
By camsdad66
Absolute best of luck with them, Panman. As we all know, that's a TOUGH one to grow without the right climate. Sure hope you succeed in the South! I grew some here in Louisiana for a couple seasons, but they succumbed to.....something! I did not have any special setup for them, however. Just morning sun, then shade rest of day. Worked for a while! Such a cool plant, shame it's hard to grow!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!