FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By septembersapphire21
I bought my fly traps; Harold, Hanna, Vennie and Venus back in April, and they r all doing great! They have a lot of new trap growth and r loving the 60:40 sphagnum moss and perlite media. Also, I'm seeing a lot of benefits of growing them at my east window in which they're getting five hours of early morning light and the rest of the day is indirect sunlight. I thought I share a pic of them to everyone to see how much progress they got since the last time I posted about them. :D
Attachments:
Harold and Hanna
Harold and Hanna
20210604_100412.jpg (5.74 MiB) Viewed 2865 times
Vennie and Venus
Vennie and Venus
20210604_100457.jpg (5.1 MiB) Viewed 2865 times
michijake liked this
By Panman
Congratulations on your plants. I don't want to discourage you, but that window is not going to be enough light long term. The window reduces the amount of light getting to the plant and the screen blocks even more. The leaves are long and there is no pink blush to the traps, both of which are signs of not enough light. They grow best outdoors, but if that is not possible, you will want to supplement the light with a grow light.
By septembersapphire21
Thanks and that's interesting to know. I could try to grow them outdoors on my front porch that faces south but also east on the left side. If they accidentally get 1:00 to 5:00 sunlight which I heard it could be too strong of them, would it burn them? And many times during the summer the temp rises in the high 90s, so would that be too much on them as well? I'm just worried that they would burn up and I'm looking for any advice possible. Btw, my porch does have a metal roof so there is some shade for the rest of the day.
By septembersapphire21
albertoburrito wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 pm No, as long as they get acclimated they will be fine. I live in AZ, and it just hit 117 f and they are fine. I just give them shade if it gets above 95.
Ok, that's good to know! I'll definitely acclimate them so that they can survive the heat waves. Thank u!

And wow, I can imagine AZ being hot, but not that hot. :shock:
albertoburrito liked this
By septembersapphire21
albertoburrito wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:38 am Yea, I didn't expect it to get so hot so fast. Also, how did you make a moving profile?
I just found a gif that's small as possible and was 100x100. I like SpongeBob and I was happy to find the gif lol
albertoburrito liked this
What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!