FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sundew grower
A tendril on my nepenthes is growing right into an already existing pitcher. One of my other tendrils was growing into the back of the pot so I propped it up on some soil. Is it possible that I can do the same thing but on the side, or will that mess up its growth?
20210608_141313.jpg
20210608_141313.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 1973 times
By BugBiters
You can definitely kind of just shove it around to wherever there's more space. Anywhere there is pressure on it the pitcher has the potential to deform, so I try to kind of angle the leaf so the pitcher is "floating" as much as possible with space on all sides.
Sundew grower, MaxVft liked this
By Frothy_Milk
You can move it or let it be. I had a tendril on my maxima wavy wrap around it’s own leaf. It grew a bit smushed towards the bottom, but it was perfectly fine other than that.

Try moving it over a bit and plop it in a small little hole in the medium so it can stay put. Usually plants can be trained to hold certain positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sundew grower liked this
By MaxVft
BugBiters wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:48 pm You can definitely kind of just shove it around to wherever there's more space. Anywhere there is pressure on it the pitcher has the potential to deform, so I try to kind of angle the leaf so the pitcher is "floating" as much as possible with space on all sides.
If you ask me,I think that having a deformed/strange shape pitcher would be pretty fricking cool,but still some pretty good advice here.
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!