FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
We did this much later than I had hoped but we finally got it done. Sorry for the bad camerawork for the first half of the video. I was doing the video, talking and pointing out plants and it was challenging! I think it went better once Leah came out to help finish the tour. Hope you all enjoy it!

Lain, schmeg, Sundew grower and 4 others liked this
By Matt
Carnies wrote:How's that 'Gremlin' doing?
@Carnies, good! It's growing well! I'll snap a photo of it later and post it here. It's super ridiculously hot here today -- our outdoor thermostat is reading 107°F at 4pm PST!!! Plants aren't gonna like that intense heat coupled with the very low humidity level of 18%. Ugh :( Looking forward to mild and humid Missouri, at least for the plants. I could do without the humidity myself, but plants' needs come first, right?!!
By Matt
Sundew grower wrote:Is it even possible for some of the really weird cultivars like "buttcheek" to catch prey?
@Sundew grower, no many of the flytrap "freaks" aren't able to properly catch prey. That turns some people off, but I'm always intrigued and impressed by the diversity within this species and find all of the genetic abnormalities that are exhibited in different cultivars fun and fascinating!
By MaxVft
Oh yeah Matt,I remember seeing that 2013 YT video that the FTS channel posted,of the "Angel Wings" VFT that can't even close properly.They try so hard to close!
By Carnies
@Matt, Definitely! Has 'Gremlin' been dividing for you? For the longest time, it hasn't even produced a growth point but has a huge rhizome at least an inch and a half in length.
Hello, New to the forum

I wish! These are city slicker deer. No hunting […]

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!