FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
So my package finally arrived from Ireland. They seem to have taken a bit of a hit in 2 weeks of transportation so let's hope they will pull through. I think they will. They are snug in their new media now and under my lights for the moment and in the next few days ill slowly acclimatize them to the sun. I'll keep them a little wetter than normal until the roots develop also. I'll be a little gutted if they don't make it... I felt they cost me a kidney. :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImage
By Matt
Dr GreenThumb wrote:That's what I can see happening to me, but then I would prefer to practice on these seed pods before trying some CP seed, or if I ever order some vitro cultures from you. This will give me some practice.
Yes, it's a good idea to practice a lot on stuff that's inexpensive and that you don't really care much about because there's a lot of loss in the beginning of learning TC techniques!
By Greenthumbs Garden
New additions arrived today from Klein's nursery in Germany. Super pleased with the quality of the plants and they threw in the UK Sawtooth as a gift which was pretty Fab!
ImageImageImage
From left to right, Bimbo, DCXL and UK Sawtooth II - Look that tap root, has anyone seen a root like this on a VFT?

ImageImage
Nepenthes Ventricosa x Mira all potted up, trying a little perlite mixed in the NZ-LSF in this one.
Panman, Matt, MikeB liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
All potted up! time to slowly accustom them to the Spanish sun. Another bonus was having some flower stalks from them to try and propagate.
By Greenthumbs Garden
I was in the nursery yesterday where I buy my veggies seedlings and they had a few CPs. They looked in good condition and I loved the coloration on the VFTs. I asked for how long they had had them in and if they had watered them... They said they were just in and not been watered... so I bought it. Promptly took hit home, de-potted it and soaked it in clean RO water just in case, and re-potted it into my PC mix.

The Unknown Clone
ImageImageImage
Well is what ill call it from now on. Any ideas what cultivar it could be?
Sundew grower, Matt liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
Sundew grower wrote:That coloration is beautiful.
I know right! And for 4.50e I made a division also from it. I wish I could find out what clone it is for my reference. I'm trying to find out the supplier so I can contact them as that's the only way I can be 100% sure. It always hurt me to see CPs at garden centers knowing that they just going to wither and die...most of them just die at the center
Sundew grower liked this
By Sundew grower
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:35 pm It always hurt me to see CPs at garden centers knowing that they just going to wither and die...most of them just die at the center
I know! I always see VFT at Walmart half dead, and it hurts me. I would like to save them but I can't save them all. :(
Greenthumbs Garden liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
Well, my Bigmouth from Trev Cox did not make it, a little disappointing but it could not fight the rot. I cleaned up the rhizome off once but still continued to decline. Then I re-potted it a few days ago as it was down to a very tiny 1mm growth point that I thought I could encourage. So I put it into my NZ Sphagnum pot I have my other micro divisions in that are coming on great under my grow lights... maybe I should have used a bit of fungicide also. On the other had the Jaws and Sawtooth I got from Trev are doing good, I think the Bigmouth just suffered too much during transport and the rhizome was not in great shape to start with. I suppose it's an excuse to order a new one and get a Trevs Dracula also... 😅
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!