FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Ewreck
The one new leaf looks deformed on the end and is kinda lanky and leaning weird I think.. and I noticed on the other smaller plant next to it the leaf looking similar. The new leaves they have been putting out Didn’t look like that. I found a single aphid on it the other day and haven’t seen any since and it wasn’t on either of these leaves. Am I just paranoid and stressing over nothing?
Attachments:
36B19709-9217-49BB-9D4C-BEBCAEE0808A.jpeg
36B19709-9217-49BB-9D4C-BEBCAEE0808A.jpeg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1927 times
05A4111E-3347-4967-96D8-25D57F7D08B6.jpeg
05A4111E-3347-4967-96D8-25D57F7D08B6.jpeg (3 MiB) Viewed 1927 times
By CPhunter101
That's probably a minor trap deformation.
Trap deformation sometimes happens when the trap gets damaged/disturbed during its growth.
Your CP will continue creating healthy traps, there's nothing to worry about.....
That is, unless you have an aphid problem.
You might want to check for aphids just in case, there may be more than 1.
By Ewreck
So far I haven’t seen another and it’s been a few days and I’m not sure how long it was in there either..I had some on my rehab spat before I realized that’s what they even were but I removed them all(hopefully) and haven’t seen any since. I was putting them out for morning sun not realizing the tulips right next to them had aphids on them. But now I know what to look for. Those 2 leaves just look really wonky to me. I kinda think I might have roasted them a little next to a window trying to find a good spot to keep them.
By CPhunter101
Ewreck wrote:Those 2 leaves just look really wonky to me. I kinda think I might have roasted them a little next to a window trying to find a good spot to keep them.
Sure, the leaves look a bit funny, but your Capensis will eventually grow new leaves (in a couple weeks).
Don't move your droseras any farther away from the light source.
They need full sun; reducing light won't do any good.
Also, they're probably still acclimating, give them a couple weeks.
Supercazzola, MaxVft liked this
By oval
I am seeing a little capensis leaf deformation here in Florida lately on indoor and outdoor plants. Some leaves unfurl about 90% of the way but still have dew. There's been sort of a drought here recently, with humidity in the 20-25 percent range and outside temps in the 90s. Also my Zerowater filter reached the end of its effective life, with some plants getting 100+ TDS water.

If you are in Arizona, the humidity might be lower relative to the heat. As mentioned above, they will most likely acclimate after a few weeks.

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!