FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,
I wanted to know if I could germinate drosera seeds without a grow light(as I don't have one),but in a windowsill?I have heard that you can use sunlight,but i don't know if it was meant as windowsill(indirect),or outdoors(direct).Surely they didn't mean direct outdoors sun,as that would cook the ziploc set up!Anyways,I would like to know how to grow drosera(tropical)without a grow light and If i can do it on a windowsill.
Have a good one,
Max
By MaxVft
What a coincidence;I was going to use capes and spats to test it!How was your success rate with a windowsill?
By MaxVft
optique wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 am Oh the window i use is east facing and gets 3+ hours of direct sun.
Is it possible for a window to get direct sun?I thought direct sun was only outdoors sun,no filters such as a window.Oh well,maybe I am wrong.
By optique
Well your correct so i guess i mean "Direct Sunlight Indoors", but if you are that technical you would have to leave the atmosphere for direct sun =p
By Supercazzola
optique wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:29 am Well your correct so i guess i mean "Direct Sunlight Indoors", but if you are that technical you would have to leave the atmosphere for direct sun =p
But even then, it’s possible not to get direct sun.
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!