FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By DragonsEye
For those of you growing terrestrial utrics, how do you keep moss (it's not sphag) from over running the pots? I'm worried about it crowding out/smothering the utrics but afraid physan might harm the utrics.
By Dreadredhead
I never really have that much of a problem. When they get big enough to fill the pot I split them up to propagate and the utrics grow faster than the moss. Dichotoma for attention.Image

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

By Do_Gon
Dreadredhead wrote:I never really have that much of a problem. When they get big enough to fill the pot I split them up to propagate and the utrics grow faster than the moss. Dichotoma for attention.Image

I'd love to know what conditions you keep your Utricularia in. I've got a few that haven't done much in the past year or so.
By Dreadredhead
I have had these in the garage recently. Instead of being in my normal indoor range of about 72°- 76°f and 40% humidity, they've been at 80°- 90°f and 60%-90% humidity ( because Ky in July ). Sandersonii and dichotoma seem to be doing quite well. The longer leaf blades of bisquamata do not appear to appreciate the heat. The aquatics have had no change.

Supercazzola liked this
By Do_Gon
Dreadredhead wrote:I have had these in the garage recently. Instead of being in my normal indoor range of about 72°- 76°f and 40% humidity, they've been at 80°- 90°f and 60%-90% humidity ( because Ky in July ). Sandersonii and dichotoma seem to be doing quite well. The longer leaf blades of bisquamata do not appear to appreciate the heat. The aquatics have had no change.

Thank you. Lots of good information here. I appreciate it.

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!