FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Greenthumbs Garden
Where the arrow is pointing there is another switch. It has to be off for the dimmer to work. Maybe you already tryed that though, just making sure. Otherwise it needs to be sent back, that's a real shame man.Image

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
I've had it for six months. I know about both switches. They told me there wasn't a clear enough difference in the photos I sent. It's definitely more obvious in person.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By Greenthumbs Garden
murrkywaters wrote:I've had it for six months. I know about both switches. They told me there wasn't a clear enough difference in the photos I sent. It's definitely more obvious in person.

Are you sure you know about the two switches Image I can see this been a comedy skit.
That's sucks man, what about sending them a video? Really annoying when you get attitude from the seller when something is not right. Sorry bro.

Sent from Tapatalk
Last edited by Greenthumbs Garden on Thu May 20, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By murrkywaters
I just move the light vertically away from the plants. Not perfect, but it works. Kinda wish I had saved the money and got another 600. Probably would help the tent stay cooler anyhow

By Apollyon
Mars Hydro is a stellar light. I use them, T5s and Yescoms to grow CPs. Yescom would be a good option if you're looking for something cheap because it does work pretty well. Mars Hydro is probably the best choice fi you're wanting to germinate seed later on down the road.
Supercazzola, Matt liked this
By quistes
Thank you all for the answers. I'm quite sad with the whole deal, I've been loving the plants since last summer and it even gave me a lot of seedlings, but I have just lost my job and I can't pay the rent of my current apartmen, so I got no option but to move to my granparents house which doesn't get any sun at all.

I'll try those Mars Hydra, let's see what happens then.
By quistes
Sorry for the double post, but I've been reading a lot and I think I'm even more confused now than before. Do I really need white lights for Droseras? Won't a deep red and deep blue LED lighting be better for it? I don't really care too much about the display thing, so that's not a thing to consider.

I came across this page and seems quite trustworthy, but I rather ask you first before expending a lot of money in a inefficient setup https://www.carnivorousplants.org/grow/ ... ntlighting
By murrkywaters
I've used the ts600 (the 1000 for less time) for almost a year, before that I had a cheap blurple grow light. The mars hydro wins hands down. I also have a bloomsec blurple which works fairly well, but I always start seeds under the Mars hydro.

By quistes
Damn, that looks like a sweet option, and the price tag is quite good. How many hours do you keep it running? Is it suitable for Drosera Aliciae?

Thank you all for the help, I really really appreciate it.
By murrkywaters
I'm currently trying a D. aliciae under it I've only had it for a little bit. I have it set to run 2 hours longer than the sunrise/sunset in my area. I have the plants pretty close to the light.

By quistes
Dr GreenThumb wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:49 pm Those cheap blurple lights I don't think are ever any good. Mars Hydro have some nice "cheap" pro grow lights available. I say cheap for what they are, I have the TS1000 and have been super happy with it, as they are wider you get much more growing space also to put more plants and they are full spectrum.
I never thought I needed one but now I have it I don't know what id do without it, so handy.
Do you think the TS600 will be sufficient? https://marshydro.eu/collections/ts-ser ... cts/ts-600

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Not what you would expect...

Is it behind the seedling cup of drosera capensis […]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!