FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By optique
So i placed a order for a 'Pinguicula caerulea Butterwort' and 'S. Psittacina'.
It shipped 12 days after i placed my order, this is fine if you grow CP's you learn patience.

This is what i got in the mail.

some odd observations:
#1 the ping was in a produce bag like you put you lettuce or tomato's in at a store, this is not bad just never seen it. hopefully it was a recycle.
#2 the S. Psittacina had a lot of old dead half rotted leaves in it, this is not bad just ...
By Apollyon
Sorry you had a bad experience man. It's amazing the lack of common sense with some sellers. If I'm moving plants, I want the plants to be represented well so I can possibly sell something in the future. Also make it a point to remove dead growth because that's the last thing someone wants to see but also it shows you care about the quality. Putting a ping in a plastic bag is sketchy considering how delicate they can be. No doubt you'll be able to bring them back to life but it's just a shame you have to :/ Hopefully the prices were ok.
Supercazzola liked this
By optique
let me correct myself the old dead half rotted leaves were like tree leaves in the crown and roots. they didn't hurt anything it just looked really bad and sloppy.

NA temperate pings are tough, but you can do better then a produce bag with a twist tie.
Apollyon liked this
By optique
its still has green under the brown. I am thinking light deprived and anything the sun hit burned. but i have never seen this outside of a deathcube
By Supercazzola
Panman wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:59 pm The psittacina looks like a goner. Maybe rhizome rot?
Take your fingernail and see if the rhizome is white under the brown…
Definitely contact the seller and tell them you want them to replace it with adequate packing this time or else you want a refund.
By Apollyon
If you have the means, Bag it and put it under lights until it gets back into growing and then harden it off back to the sunlight. Tough love may work but I murdered a Sarr with the tough love approach when it was small.

For me, my impatience kills more plants than anything else. High humidity won't bother a Sarr, they're native here in Florida where humidity is abundant. When it gains vigor i'd cut the corner of the bag and then open it up further over the next week or two until the bag is open and it's catching relative. Then I'd put it in the shade for a week. Partial sun at the tail end for a week and then leave it partial all day for a week or two. It should be fine by that point but everyone does it differently.
Supercazzola liked this
By optique
After a few email exchanges and some photo sharing, I was issued a refund. I have to admit I was surprised at the level of customer service. Thank You

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!