FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By albertoburrito
Yesterday I picked up 2 vfts from lowes. One of them has long roots, and is already perking up. The other one has really small roots. It is also wilting a little. Will it survive?
By Panman
If it has little to no roots, I would recommend putting it in a plastic bag with indirect light for a couple of weeks so that it can regrow some roots. It is important to keep the humidity up while it is recovering so that it doesn't dry out.
By owlfeathers
Panman wrote:It is important to keep the humidity up while it is recovering so that it doesn't dry out.
I'm actually in the same short root situation with one of the Lowe's VFTs I got. I've already repotted it into LFSM, and I live in a humid area, so it should be fine, right?
By Kevonicus
You should be fine with dappled sun for a couple weeds, too much shade and moist substrate isn't good for the crown of the plant...just keep it in a water tray so your media can wick moisture to the surface until your VFT get established before giving it full blast sun. I never liked using a plastic bag myself, it works but the super high humidity can lead to some rot problems if the plant isn't especially strong.
albertoburrito liked this

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!