FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,
My new growth on my VFT Typical is not doing so well.I removed most of my plant's traps for propagation(due to the fact that I repotted about a month ago in Peat and most of them were not looking so well),leaving 1 full-sized trap and a bunch of new growth.The new growth is starting to turn black and is not growing properly.I only give the plant distilled water,same as my other typical which is in the same water bowl.There are no pests/insects on the leaves that seem to be bothering the plant.I checked the rhizome for root-rot but it seems fine(white/red coloration).The roots also seem fine(brown with whitish tips).Here is the new growth and the full plant(sorry for the crap Android photos lol):
20210515_205659.jpg
20210515_205659.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 2564 times
20210515_205644.jpg
20210515_205644.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 2564 times
By ChefDean
Here's my thoughts, and please don't get upset.
Leave your plant alone for a while, you're causing stress, then not giving it time to recover. You repotted about a month ago, which caused stress on the plant. Then you go and rip its arms and legs off, causing more stress. Plus, it looks like it's planted a bit too deep, maybe wiggle it up a bit.
Make sure what's left is planted correctly, and maybe put it in a spot that gets bright, indirect or dappled light, and keep it moist until it recovers.
Light, water, and leave it alone otherwise.
By MaxVft
Oh,no offense taken,that's what I figured.I made kind of a stupid move propagating it only a few weeks after re-potting.So you mean "Dappled or indirect"light as in I should put it indoors behind a window and/or put a sort of screen over it,like partial shade?And then I leave it alone afterwards to give it time to heal.
By ChefDean
No, outdoors. A cloudy day outside is better than the sunniest of windowsills when it comes to VFT's.
A spot under a tree, or a spot that gets direct morning light and shade after about 11ish will get it good, gentle light, and help it recover.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!