FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By murrkywaters
I'm going to have some seedlings as well as neps in this one. The neps will be planted vertically with an elastic trellis, that I can remove the highlanders from to put in the cold box at night. Target temp for the daytime will be 75° max. I am putting a couple of foggers in it, as well as 2 florawave s40fs2.3 lights that will be aligned virtually for maximum cover and a top mounted blurple light I have that will be hanging around 2 ft from the seedlings. With any luck I'll be able to grow helis in there too. Right now mine is in a south facing window, but is unhappy due to the photo period being so short, and my cats napping on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Panman liked this
By Greenthumbs Garden
Man, it looks exactly like mine, is it the mars hydro? I got the same tent and the TS1000 grow light, I hooked up a pc fan to a transformer i had to move the air around. My neps have thrived in it over winter. I got some cutting in there also, and other seedlings. love the light man
By murrkywaters
It's the AC INFINITY 3'x3'x6' I'm planning on getting the 4" in-line air conditioner in about a month when work picks up again.

By Supercazzola
it does resemble the Mars Hydro for sure. Maybe different color stitching.
Best of luck. I can't wait to read about how you get the temps cool. That is what I am hoping to do for some highlanders. I don't have any yet, because it's so darn hot here in FL, even with AC on.
By murrkywaters
My other indoor tent is a 2'x4'x5' vivosun. It has a built in shelf, but the tent material is thinner and flimsier. I've got two mars hydro lights, the 600 and 1000, and a bloomspec. It does get very hot inside, but having a high output reptile fogger helps.

By murrkywaters
Supercazzola wrote:it does resemble the Mars Hydro for sure. Maybe different color stitching.
Best of luck. I can't wait to read about how you get the temps cool. That is what I am hoping to do for some highlanders. I don't have any yet, because it's so darn hot here in FL, even with AC on.
Best way to drop the night time temps on a budget is with an ice pack wrapped in towels inside a cooler. My jamban has been happy in those conditions and doesn't seem to mind 80°F daytime temps too much. If you want to get fancy you can use a $70 aquarium chiller to drop the night temps by having it circulate the water in the humidifier on a timer. I've been doing that on my clients setup with the industrial fogger and it seems to do the trick. I'm not sure how well it'll work in already humid conditions. Nepenthes densiflora are highlanders that can be found for around $15 if you want a cheap plant to test the ice box method.

Supercazzola liked this
By murrkywaters
If you do the aquarium chiller be sure to have the chiller turn off a little before the circulator pump so it doesn't freeze in the line. Also note that any refrigerator will put out more heat than it cools so keep it outside of the tent.

Supercazzola liked this
By specialkayme
murrkywaters wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:07 pmI'm planning on getting the 4" in-line air conditioner in about a month when work picks up again.
Can you elaborate what this is?

I've seen the https://htgsupply.com/products/6-inch-i ... exchanger/ in line heat exchangers before, are you referring to those?
murrkywaters wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:49 pmIf you want to get fancy you can use a $70 aquarium chiller to drop the night temps by having it circulate the water in the humidifier on a timer. I've been doing that on my clients setup with the industrial fogger and it seems to do the trick.
Seems . . . ingenious!

Would it be possible with a smaller humidifier, like a reptile fogger https://www.amazon.com/REPTI-ZOO-Humidi ... 206&sr=8-8? I'd be interested in learning more . . .
By murrkywaters
That's what I'm going to try. I have no use for a $300 fogger for such a small space. The plan is to get another $50 reptile fogger and modify it. I'll put inlet and outlet holes and use an in-line pump on a timer to run it at night only and use the tube to keep the fogger and chiller outside the tent. Here is a link to the in line air conditioner. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZXWN3BG/re ... UTF8&psc=1 IIRC it mostly functions to maintain temperature and humidity. If I can find a condenser cooling unit for cheap I'll use that instead of the aquarium chiller.

By specialkayme
Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Please let us know how the chiller/fogger build works. I'd love to see pics, and a DIY guide if you don't mind.

Seems like a really promising idea, and not too expensive either.
By murrkywaters
Lights came in yesterday. The heli is finally safe from the cats! They decided it was a toy yesterday so the timing was perfect. I'll have elastic trellises and a big humidifier soon. The lights were on all night and the temps were good! Not even noticeably warmer than the room which is 68° F ImageImage

By Greenthumbs Garden
murrkywaters wrote:Lights came in yesterday. The heli is finally safe from the cats! They decided it was a toy yesterday so the timing was perfect. I'll have elastic trellises and a big humidifier soon. The lights were on all night and the temps were good! Not even noticeably warmer than the room which is 68° F ImageImage

What's the little plastic cylinder?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
A humidifier. It's fan burned out, which is why everything is bagged

By murrkywaters
*its I really hate autocorrect sometimes.

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!