FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By mt2021
Hi guys, I am new to this forums, thanks to Matt for inviting me to this great place!
I just wanted to share my bad experience with fake seeds hopefully I can warn someone here and save him from falling into the same trap, turned out eBay is full of fake seeds and scams, especially that comes from China, I bought the seeds in the attached photo on eBay from a seller named: weloveseeds he claimed to be Aussie and that he ships from Australia, and that was the bait that let me fall into this scam. I know Venus fly trap seeds are usually tear drop shaped, but these guys are perfectly round and tiny!
I am 100% sure its fake seeds, could there be a slight chance its Venus fly trap seeds? please share your thoughts.
thanks.
Attachments:
20210511_161211.jpg
20210511_161211.jpg (736.4 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
By ChefDean
mt2021 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:45 amI am 100% sure its fake seeds, could there be a slight chance its Venus fly trap seeds? please share your thoughts.
thanks.
There is a very slight chance that a mutation caused a flytrap to produce round, brown seeds rather than black, teardrop seeds, but I wouldn't count on it. They aren't flytrap seeds.
Try to get your money back via Ebay's refund policy and be glad you didn't fall for the triple pack of blue carnivorous plant seeds like I did. Then, once you're eligible, request real VFT seeds from the seed bank
By mt2021
ChefDean wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am
mt2021 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:45 amI am 100% sure its fake seeds, could there be a slight chance its Venus fly trap seeds? please share your thoughts.
thanks.
There is a very slight chance that a mutation caused a flytrap to produce round, brown seeds rather than black, teardrop seeds, but I wouldn't count on it. They aren't flytrap seeds.
Try to get your money back via Ebay's refund policy and be glad you didn't fall for the triple pack of blue carnivorous plant seeds like I did. Then, once you're eligible, request real VFT seeds from the seed bank
confirmed its 100% fake seeds, funny enough I contacted the supplier and he immediately refunded me without saying a single word! not even a sorry or trying excuses, just nothing lol. I didn't even have to go through ebay refund policy.
ChefDean, Panman, Artie101 liked this
By mt2021
Panman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:42 pm There are a lot of them but there are legitimate ones as well. I have sold seed on ebay before.
yes mate you are right! the other day I bought some genuine Nepenthes seeds from Australian supplier on ebay, he was very polite and professional, and the seeds were looking really nice! it was also a nice deal, I got 70+ seeds for only $7! another rare species was 50+ seeds for $20.

too bad those sellers are hidden gems and hard to find them, they are like a drop in the ocean with all those scams out there.
By mt2021
optique wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:40 pm must be scared of a bad review, or was it panman all along?
I am just curious to plant them to see what they turn int! :lol:
hopefully not some kind of toxic alien monster vines that will grow overnight while im sleeping and take over my house, uproot and twist it and send it into the nether! :twisted:
By Sundew grower
ChefDean wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am
thanks.

How do you get eligible?
By optique
forum membership time. 4 classes 0day 1month 3 month and 1 year. basically the more rare stuff you have to be here longer. It works out well you don't want to start off with the hard to grow stuff anyway.
By ChefDean
Sundew grower wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:30 amHow do you get eligible?
You become eligible with time and activity. Flytrap seeds, for example, are class 1; one month of membership and at least 5 posts. You have the requisite number of posts, but you're seven days away from the one month.
Hit me up next week and we'll get some legit Flytrap seeds headed your way.
Panman, Sundew grower liked this

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same th[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!