FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Yes, you read that right, folks, I need some help! I've gotten myself into a little predicament, or a pickle if you will...

So I just placed my small bicalcarata outside after growing it in a little makeshift terrarium for about eight months. I moved it out for two reasons. one: because the temperatures are looking to be consistently high for the rest of the growing season, and two: it has gotten to big for the terrarium.

I put it outside about an hour ago, and when I went to check on it just now, I found that it was starting to wilt. I know this is most certainly a humidity problem, but if any of you have any advice, I'd be glad to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By murrkywaters
Is bag accumulation an option?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By That one plant boi
murrkywaters wrote:Is bag accumulation an option?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It might be... the area it's in gets about an hour of direct light toward the end of the day, and I'm not sure if having a bag over it in direct light will harm it.

By That one plant boi
Dr GreenThumb wrote:can you spray it down with a fine mist and bag it? get that thing rehydrated
I could, yes, I'll give that a try.

By Greenthumbs Garden
@That one plant boi, I would do it, as soon as you see the water droplets have soaked into the leaves wack it again with the mist. this is what I did with a nearly dead super dehydrated orchid I rescued and by the next day, it had made a partial recovery, and now if fully restored and growing a flower stalk. I kept misting it up every 10-20min.
By That one plant boi
Dr GreenThumb wrote:@That one plant boi, I would do it, as soon as you see the water droplets have soaked into the leaves wack it again with the mist. this is what I did with a nearly dead super dehydrated orchid I rescued and by the next day, it had made a partial recovery, and now if fully restored and growing a flower stalk. I kept misting it up every 10-20min.
Awesome! But I'm just wondering that if putting the bag over it would do any harm since the spot it's in gets about an hour of direct light later in the day?

By That one plant boi
Update: so as the day went on I've found that it started to become less wilty as is once again regaining its structure, or so it seems. So I don't really know what's going on with it.

Tips?

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!