FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By VFTNoob
Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations on tall white pots for 1020 trays. I am using the 3.5x3.5x5 inch black pots from greenhouse megastore. Its enough room for most of my plants and they manage space well. Id like something deeper and white preferrably.

I came across these frosted cups and was wondering if they'd cool or cook the roots. The diameter is 3.5 inches so I am gonna guess that these are about 6 inches tall. I'd like to keep the diameter 3.5 inches so I can fit 18 plants per tray. This means the 5x5x7 hydroponic pots are out of the question. If I ever get more space, those will be my go to.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!
http://imgur.com/gallery/BLfdE1h
By VFTNoob
Supercazzola wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:37 pm well, in my 1020 trays I have my Sarracenia. So I use the white pots that Matt and Leah sell in the store. They are 5x5 x 7" tall.
I'm gonna use those whenever I have enough space. For now, I have too many plants to go in those pots lol
By VFTNoob
elaineo wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:50 am 20 oz styrofoam cups from walmart are good insulation, but they tip over easily if you use LFSM.
Another option is to spraypaint your current pots white.
i'm a cheepskate :D
Do you know if they're 3.5 inches across? I'm guessing they're 6-7 inches deep? The bottom of my potting mix has peat/perlite in it so I think they would stay upright.
By MikeB
What about some 22-ounce stadium cups in white? They're 3 5/8 inches wide at the top, 2 1/2 inches wide at the base, and 6 3/4 inches tall. Drill 3 or 4 holes around the base (not underneath, because they won't drain properly) and you're good to go. I'd do some shopping around to see if you can get a better price than $1.20 each, though.
VFTNoob liked this
By VFTNoob
This may be the way. I imagine they'd last way longer than the styrofoam cups too. 1.20 a cup aint bad but I will definitely shop for a lower price if one is available. Thanks for the recommendation! I think I'll see some improvements with the white cups and the extra 2 inches of space!
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!