FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By VFTNoob
Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations on tall white pots for 1020 trays. I am using the 3.5x3.5x5 inch black pots from greenhouse megastore. Its enough room for most of my plants and they manage space well. Id like something deeper and white preferrably.

I came across these frosted cups and was wondering if they'd cool or cook the roots. The diameter is 3.5 inches so I am gonna guess that these are about 6 inches tall. I'd like to keep the diameter 3.5 inches so I can fit 18 plants per tray. This means the 5x5x7 hydroponic pots are out of the question. If I ever get more space, those will be my go to.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!
http://imgur.com/gallery/BLfdE1h
By VFTNoob
Supercazzola wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:37 pm well, in my 1020 trays I have my Sarracenia. So I use the white pots that Matt and Leah sell in the store. They are 5x5 x 7" tall.
I'm gonna use those whenever I have enough space. For now, I have too many plants to go in those pots lol
By VFTNoob
elaineo wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:50 am 20 oz styrofoam cups from walmart are good insulation, but they tip over easily if you use LFSM.
Another option is to spraypaint your current pots white.
i'm a cheepskate :D
Do you know if they're 3.5 inches across? I'm guessing they're 6-7 inches deep? The bottom of my potting mix has peat/perlite in it so I think they would stay upright.
By MikeB
What about some 22-ounce stadium cups in white? They're 3 5/8 inches wide at the top, 2 1/2 inches wide at the base, and 6 3/4 inches tall. Drill 3 or 4 holes around the base (not underneath, because they won't drain properly) and you're good to go. I'd do some shopping around to see if you can get a better price than $1.20 each, though.
VFTNoob liked this
By VFTNoob
This may be the way. I imagine they'd last way longer than the styrofoam cups too. 1.20 a cup aint bad but I will definitely shop for a lower price if one is available. Thanks for the recommendation! I think I'll see some improvements with the white cups and the extra 2 inches of space!
Hi from NC

Hi Chris and welcome to the forums!

My nepenthes pitchers came out wierd

You telling me the pitchers can get bigger?

Hello from NJ

Glad to be here. I have been growing VFTs, drosera[…]

When is the next intervention? Never heard of[…]

eBay sellers

Here are a few more reputable sellers for your lis[…]

Carnivorous uhaul

In a similar vein: I'm hoping that the NC DOT rele[…]

Hang94's Grow List

Attachment limit reached

Drosera seeds giveaway!

Yay! Thank you! Something to go in my new pot. Sen[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!