FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By crich
The pitcher itself feels like velvet and the peristome has fine ridges striped in lime green and red.

I picked it up from a Chinese florist/plant stall vendor where I live, but there was no tag on the plant and the vendor didn't speak English when I asked what type of nep it was.

Any help with naming this nep is appreciated.
Attachments:
Does anyone have an idea what nep this is?
Does anyone have an idea what nep this is?
nep id.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 2448 times
Panman liked this
By That one plant boi
crich wrote:Thank you so much! I'm grateful to you, "That one plant boi."

Now I can look into care requirements for it. Thanks again! :D
Ah, no problem!
Like Optique said, it's a very easy species to care for. You can grow it inside given it gets enough light through a window or from artificial grow lights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By optique
what i do with mine is i keep it out side under a over hang, it get direct sun from dawn to like 11am then indirect rest of day. Bring it in when night time temps drop below 50f. in the winter it get full on sun from a east facing window. If it gets really dry it will stop pitching but will start back when humidity picks up.

Good luck
By crich
Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to have an east-facing window (only south and north exposures), but the rest of your great care tips I can follow. Thanks "optique." Well do you think a southern exposure would be too harsh of conditions for the sanguinea, even in winter (location NYC)?
By optique
Depends on over hangs above your window. If you get direct light in the winter when the sun is lower in the sky you may have to back it away some to not have it get dark. But worst case the south side should be able to keep it healthy, but they grow really fast and color up nice with some direct sun.

Image Image
By crich
Wow, really nice specimens you're growing there, "optique." I can see you definitely are experienced in growing N. sanguinea. Your plants look amazing! :D Thank you for sharing your plant pictures. They're impressive! Really nice job!

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!