FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By cryostasis
So this is happening on some of my friends gerkinated seedlings. The tips of the plant is darkening. Also one of my friends experience the same thing even when he tried growing adult vft the crown turns black and dies. I attached a picture of a germinated seed probably about 3 or 4 weeks after germination.ImageImage

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

By cryostasis
optique wrote:this is what flytrap seedlings look like.
These are from my own seeds that I gave them.

Sent from my BISON using Tapatalk

By cryostasis
Panman wrote:I dig see anything wrong with this seedlings.
I accidentally quote the other post with pics. Mine was the first two with slmewhqtelongated leaves. Been wondering why it lools that way but the tips are getting black. Was thinking if its cause by damping off.

By Panman
My mistake. The black on the tips of the seedlings is just the seed case and isn't a problem. I am concerned in that they don't look like flytrap seedlings but the seeds do look right. They may not be getting enough light.
Supercazzola liked this
By cryostasis
Panman wrote:My mistake. The black on the tips of the seedlings is just the seed case and isn't a problem. I am concerned in that they don't look like flytrap seedlings but the seeds do look right. They may not be getting enough light.
Wondering about that they look more enlongated than normal I have my own set of seeds from the same batch they look normal. Im currently waiting for a few kore days for the update and if it does not develo0e any traps then they could be weeds. It tooo around a month for his seeds to germinate mine took a3 weeks.

By optique
Just a guess, it has to be in low lighting and growing long trying to find the sun. The seedlings in the photo i linked had a 100w equivalent blurple floodlight 6 inches above the pot.
By cryostasis
Thanks all just got the reply and they are using a low watt led light bulb. And they habe moved the ppt on a more bright location.

Sent from my BISON using Tapatalk

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!