FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By pandaking666
Have any of yall used these pitcher style water filters? good bad? I don't have the cash to get a full reverse osmosis system yet.
Like this one
By evenwind
As optique said, ZeroWater is the only brand that gets the PPM down to zero. A lot of us have been using it for years. Personally, I prefer the pitcher shaped models (like ZD-012RP) because I find it's easier to pour from a spout than use a spigot.
By andreww
I use Aquagear water filter pitcher, very satisfied with it. The water from this pitcher is very clean and tastes good. Our tap water has a chlorine smell and they also add fluoride, after using this filter the water is free of strange odors.
By evenwind
andreww wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:25 pm I use Aquagear water filter pitcher, very satisfied with it. The water from this pitcher is very clean and tastes good. Our tap water has a chlorine smell and they also add fluoride, after using this filter the water is free of strange odors.
In the Aquagear Pitcher Booklet, it says "Most dissolved solids found in tap water are good minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium, which Aquagear keeps in your water." and in their FAQ it says "A couple filters have been marketing themselves based on their ability to remove TDS. However, TDS is not a measure of water contaminants. Much of what constitutes TDS is actually healthy minerals like calcium and magnesium, which Aquagear is designed not to remove."
By Panman
andreww wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:25 pm I use Aquagear water filter pitcher, very satisfied with it. The water from this pitcher is very clean and tastes good. Our tap water has a chlorine smell and they also add fluoride, after using this filter the water is free of strange odors.
Likely a spammer creating an entry that will be updated later with some SEO crap. I'm always suspicious when a new member posts to an old thread and that is the only post.
By evenwind
I thought so, too. But I checked it out to be sure nobody got fooled and bought a bad pitcher.
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 pmLikely a spammer creating an entry that will be updated later with some SEO crap. I'm always suspicious when a new member posts to an old thread and that is the only post.
Most likely, we keep an eye on them.
A good giveaway is a new member that joins and posts on some obscure subject rather than seek advice for the care of their plants.
We (Modmins) can see a few more details that might indicate a spammer, but we let them hang themselves first.
By MaxVft
Panman wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:07 pm Likely a spammer creating an entry that will be updated later with some SEO crap. I'm always suspicious when a new member posts to an old thread and that is the only post.
That's usually what it is.
Either that or some stupid post written in Spanish or German about Nike shoes for sale or whatnot.

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!