FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Leah and I are in the process of modifying our FlytrapStore Venus flytrap products to offer more options for shipping bare root and potted.

By default, you will now be able to choose the plant size first, and then one of the 3 below options for potting:
  • Bare root (no pot or soil included)
  • Potted in FlytrapStore soil mix (peat moss/silica sand/perlite) + $3.50
  • Potted in long-fiber sphagnum (recommended for new growers) + $6.50
This will offer people the ability to choose their preferred soil mix (peat moss or long-fiber sphagnum moss) or if they would like the plants shipped bare root without having to email us after placing an order to make the request.

Please let us know if you notice any anomalies with the ordering system now that the new changes are rolled out!

Thanks, everyone!!
ChefDean, optique, MikeB and 3 others liked this
By Panman
Man, they are going fast. I added a few to my cart and figured I'd check out at home when I could verify my bank account balance. By the time I did, Big Mouth was already gone. But that pushed me over the edge to go for a G16. Hopefully I can keep my daughter from snatching it from me.
Matt liked this
By Matt
Panman wrote:Man, they are going fast.
Yeah, we've never seen things quite this busy. It is impossible to keep up with demand for the last year or so since the pandemic hit. It's a blessing and a curse because Leah and I can't seem to find any time to relax! But we need to make some money to pay for the new greenhouse, so we feel blessed that we're able to do so!

optique wrote:I really like the idea of a Bare root and media options.
It was always an option to buy them bare root or potted, but Leah rarely put the bare root options in stock and most people didn't know they could email us to request the plants to be shipped bare root so we almost never sold any bare root plants. This new way of offering a plant in any given size while allowing the customer to choose whether they want it shipped bare root or potted, and further allowing them to choose the media they want if they want it potted, should provide maximum flexibility!

I'm very open to any feedback on the changes, so please let me know if you think there is something we could do to improve our product offerings.
By Panman
I LOVE the change. While I would appreciate the professional potting job, the round pots would be a challenge in my set up so I would end up repotting them anyway.
By Do_Gon

Panman wrote:Man, they are going fast. I added a few to my cart and figured I'd check out at home when I could verify my bank account balance. By the time I did, Big Mouth was already gone. But that pushed me over the edge to go for a G16. Hopefully I can keep my daughter from snatching it from me.
Ha ha. Yeah they were going fast. Didn't see the one I wanted though so I'll wait till next round. Had purple ambush and alien in my cart when I noticed someone had already gotten the last G16. :-p ha ha!
By Matt
Panman wrote:I LOVE the change. While I would appreciate the professional potting job, the round pots would be a challenge in my set up so I would end up repotting them anyway.
Makes total sense! Many people love the round pots, but I totally get the fact that they're not space-friendly for those of us with limited space. And emailing us to request to have the plants shipped bare root is a pain. This new change fixes that issue, which is a relief. It also means that Leah will have to spend less time potting, which will help us be able to offer more plants regularly since we can spend more time potting out TC plants and growing them rather than spending so much time potting plants for shipments.
By Bobioden
Panman wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 am Man, they are going fast. I added a few to my cart and figured I'd check out at home when I could verify my bank account balance. By the time I did, Big Mouth was already gone. But that pushed me over the edge to go for a G16. Hopefully I can keep my daughter from snatching it from me.
I had 2 in my cart also, had to go change laundry, can back a couple minutes later and they were gone.

I had the Young Adult FTS Crimson Sawtooth and Trichterfalle x Coquillage

Hopefully I will see them again
Last edited by Bobioden on Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt liked this
By Panman
Matt wrote:And emailing us to request to have the plants shipped bare root is a pain.
Frankly, I never even thought of the fact. I didn't realize you would do that.

I think it is great that your plants are so popular they got snapped up. It just adds the thrill of the hunt to the process of getting some of these great cultivars.
Matt liked this
By Matt
Bobioden wrote:I had 2 in my card also, had to go change laundry, can back a couple minutes later and they were gone.

I had the Young Adult FTS Crimson Sawtooth and Trichterfalle x Coquillage

Hopefully I will see them again
We will definitely have some FTS Crimson Sawtooths again. We have a decent number (maybe 8 or so) that are pretty good sized that Leah will be putting in stock as they look good. I'm not sure about the availability of Trichterfalle x Coquillage, but I would expect we might have a few more of those this year too.

Panman wrote:Frankly, I never even thought of the fact. I didn't realize you would do that.
Yeah, we should have made it clear somewhere on the website because we used to get the requests all the time but it was obvious from the lack of bare root shipping requests people weren't aware that was a possibility.
Panman wrote:I think it is great that your plants are so popular they got snapped up. It just adds the thrill of the hunt to the process of getting some of these great cultivars.
Haha, for sure!
By Matt
Stratofortress wrote:Question: Will the store no longer feature flytraps that are out of stock?

Ah, I wish that featuring option was tied to whether or not the product is in stock. But featuring is independent of being in stock so I have to manually unfeature them. I'll try better to remember to do that when I noticed featured products being out of stock.

Stratofortress wrote:Doesn’t seem to make sense as most of us probably wish list plants that are currently unavailable.
Right. It is nice to be able to wish list things but having out of stock products featured isn't ideal.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!