FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post your experience here, good or bad, to help others in future transactions

Moderator: Matt

By madrone
I've traded now a few times with Xanthoparmelia who's a knowledgeable grower of a wide variety of CPs (seriously, check out that grow list!). Last year he generously offered me a variety of plants that weren't performing to his expectations for the cost of postage. As a result I got some very cool hybrids that are gaining steam and I look forward to what they may do this grow season.

This year we hand-picked a few of our preferences from each other's grow lists and coordinated an early spring trade. Each trade has been well-packaged with a thoughtful extra included - this one was no exception. And I'm super happy with the healthy plants and growing knowledge he shared - and am already looking forward to the next trading opportunity!
xanthoparmelia liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Could not agree more! I've traded with xantho multiple times in the past few years and all the plants I've gotten from him have done wonderfully.
By ChefDean
I've had the same experience, he sent me culls for postage. Some of these that would have ended up on his compost heap have done very well.
He has included a couple to see how they do in Tennessee because we both got a Sarr from Madrone last year that did well for him, but ran for me.
So far, his culls are growing nicely, and a couple are putting up flower stalks.
By xanthoparmelia
Thanks all!

@madrone @Nepenthes0260 @chefdean

^^^ Great people who i've worked with multiple times and wouldn't hesitate to work with again in the future. Healthy plants, careful packaging and good communication. Appreciate the opportunities.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By JaneCP
Purchased several pings from Xanthoparmelia and all of them arrived looking perfect, including couple baby pings that were thrown in as a bonus! Can't wait to see all these pings start growing for me~ :D
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!