FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By sanguinearocks101
Hello,
I’m testing some things for a much more complex than average giveaway, can someone see if they can find a way to bypass the username and password requirement on this website? I want to make sure this is secure so come time for the giveaway it isn’t ruined by someone who can bypass it somehow. http://sanguinearocks101.pythonanywhere.com/
By sanguinearocks101
I meant somehow bypassing the need to enter a username and password at all, it’s a free website hosting service so I don’t expect it to be top quality and I have no experience hacking. I think there are some people on the forums who might have some experience with stuff like this and may be able to help out.
By ChefDean
Gotcha.
I tried a few things and couldn't get in, but I'm far from the computer expert.
Heck, up until a few years ago, I thought turning on a computer meant rubbing up against it gently. :lol:
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By Panman
I am pretty sure the everything is available for viewing so someone could game the system is they see something they want by creating multiple accounts.
By sanguinearocks101
Panman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:59 pm I am pretty sure the everything is available for viewing so someone could game the system is they see something they want by creating multiple accounts.
I am confused what you are saying. The majority of the code is open sourced though I edited the html of the page that displays once you get the correct password.
By elaineo
I did a port scan and found nothing open. Also tried some basic injection attacks, and I don't think I managed to break anything. It doesn't look like you do any IP limiting or DDoS protection so in theory someone could spam your site, entering different user/pw combos and get in through brute force, but I don't think anyone will go to the effort for a plant giveaway.

hope that helps :)
N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!