FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hey y'all
I just wanted to share the progress my Jacaranda seedling has made so far. It's grown a lot since I repotted it, and now that it's adapted to direct sun, the leaves are nice and waxy. I'm probably going to try and make a bonsai out of it, though I don't know how to go about doing that.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Same exact boat here. I've had one growing for a year but I didn't give it the best care last year. It's been trying to recover after the repot (And apparently very slow to wake up from dormancy). Check out some bonsai videos but you'll need to make the tree a little larger for scale since the leaves are larger on it
By Supercazzola
reminds me of the time I bought a yellow poinciana (the red ones are quite easy to find). I waited more than 4 years for it to bloom and guess what? Red...
Hope the blue is not just a plain purple jacaranda... But if it is, it is still a beautiful tree.
I love mine.
IMG_3418.jpeg
IMG_3418.jpeg (4.32 MiB) Viewed 6178 times
By That one plant boi
Supercazzola wrote:reminds me of the time I bought a yellow poinciana (the red ones are quite easy to find). I waited more than 4 years for it to bloom and guess what? Red...
Hope the blue is not just a plain purple jacaranda... But if it is, it is still a beautiful tree.
I love mine.
IMG_3418.jpeg
Oh wow, didn't even know there were yellow Poincianas.

And I absolutely cannot wait for my Jacaranda to grow into something like that... it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Apollyon
Always wondered if the one freezing day we get would kill one. I bring my pot inside. Perhaps its insulated by the ground. That's good to know it can survive. Thanks for sharing
By Supercazzola
Little hint. When there is danger of frost, I open up my water and “flood” my lot. The temperature of the water is lays warmer, so it creates a blanket of warmth that won’t let the freeze hurt the trees. That’s how I got away with growing Mamey Sapote here. I do have reclaimed water, though, so my bill isn’t impacted by how much I use...
worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!