FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a lot of good info and a lot of nice people here.
Of course, there's always a few grumpy old curmudgeons here, like me, but no place is perfect. :)
I mostly grow Drosera but I have a few of almost everything.
Look around, pull up a seat, take your boots off, and make yourself at home.
Good growing,
Mike
Cymbaline liked this
By Adrien
Hello! I am also in Texas, I grow mainly Venus flytraps and plan to have the largest collection in Texas! (bit of a stretch? :P ) I am almost always active here on the forums and always refreshing my threads to make sure I don’t miss anything. You’ve probably (maybe?) seen my Instagram @SnappyPlants
Cymbaline liked this
By Panman
Welcome to the forum. I am in Georgia. The decorum of this place is much better than the FB groups. It is very rarely that we get an obnoxious attitude from someone. We are all learners and come with that attitude. I am mostly a North American temperate collector (aka I don't want anything that I need a special set up for). I hope you enjoy your time here.

And speaking of horses, our Falcon says hello.
Falcon.jpg
Falcon.jpg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 4797 times
Cymbaline liked this
By Cymbaline
Adrien wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:29 pm Hello! I am also in Texas, I grow mainly Venus flytraps and plan to have the largest collection in Texas! (bit of a stretch? :P ) I am almost always active here on the forums and always refreshing my threads to make sure I don’t miss anything. You’ve probably (maybe?) seen my Instagram @SnappyPlants
I've seen you in the Venus Flytrap forums on FB. I'll check out your Instagram account for sure!
By Cymbaline
Shadowtski wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:23 pm
isaacsbees wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:11 pm Something weird happened haha
It looks like the original poster disappeared or was deleted.
It was really odd . I thought I activated my account but I guess I didn't . Tried logging in and the board couldn't find me but I was able to create the account again ? I messed something up I'm sure.
By Cymbaline
Panman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm Welcome to the forum. I am in Georgia. The decorum of this place is much better than the FB groups. It is very rarely that we get an obnoxious attitude from someone. We are all learners and come with that attitude. I am mostly a North American temperate collector (aka I don't want anything that I need a special set up for). I hope you enjoy your time here.

And speaking of horses, our Falcon says hello.
Falcon.jpg
Love your baby! Thanks for the welcome. I was a lurker for a while and the information here seems great so of course I had to join up.
By Cymbaline
Shadowtski wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:58 pm Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a lot of good info and a lot of nice people here.
Of course, there's always a few grumpy old curmudgeons here, like me, but no place is perfect. :)
I mostly grow Drosera but I have a few of almost everything.
Look around, pull up a seat, take your boots off, and make yourself at home.
Good growing,
Mike
Thanks Mike for the welcome! I was mostly a lurker having found your forums searching for info but with all that you guys know and my ping collection hitting the 50s ... I figured it was a good time to join and really learn. Thank you!!
Panman liked this

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Not what you would expect...

Is it behind the seedling cup of drosera capensis […]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!