FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Adrien
Just a little rant, eBay changed the way we get paid and now instead of the money going on hold in PayPal, eBay will send the money directly to my bank. But in order to get paid I need to update my account, and eBay needs the last 4 digits of my ssn and my birthdate. I am not 18 yet and I have to be, to start selling again. So for now my eBay is down until May. I got 3 orders earlier this week and over $100 in sales and now I’m not sure where that money will go and the orders were already sent. (I know Matt ordered off me, it’s okay Matt you can keep the plant)
By Matt
Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that, @Adrien. I wanted to support your new business endeavor, but that will have to wait I guess. If you haven't received the money I paid for the plant, I can send you a plant as trade, if you'd like?
By Adrien
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:30 am Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that, @Adrien. I wanted to support your new business endeavor, but that will have to wait I guess. If you haven't received the money I paid for the plant, I can send you a plant as trade, if you'd like?
No worries @Matt, it’s fine. You did spend your money after all, I am pretty sure I will be able to accept it when I’m 18 and change my account details. It just sucks that they had to change it right after I sent a few orders! Thanks for the support though, I highly appreciate it! I’ve made 27 sales and made over $700 so far since Feb. 27, it’s not much compared to most people but it is something to help me expand!
Matt liked this
By Carnies
Good to know, I have a PayPal account as well. One thing that might be able to work is to create a debit card for yourself and apply that to your Paypal, just a suggestion.
By Panman
That ebay change really irked me. I don't want my e-mail account information in Ebay's hands. As it is, I only have a burner bank account associated with PayPal. If it gets cleaned out, I'm not out much. Facebook wants to do the same thing. That is a big NO! from me. Ah, for the good old days when you just got mailed a check.
Matt liked this
By Adrien
Carnies wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:34 pm Good to know, I have a PayPal account as well. One thing that might be able to work is to create a debit card for yourself and apply that to your Paypal, just a suggestion.
I have my own debit card in PayPal, that’s how accepted the money when eBay sent it through PayPal
By Z_Y
The change also irked me because of a different issue. I had a bank account linked to my ebay, but the money never arrived!

I had to call eBay, and they told me it was a common glitch and they had me delete and reset my bank link in order to redo whatever payments I was supposed to get. I guess they still have some teething issues with the whole system.
Adrien liked this
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!