FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
Awesome! If I didn't totally suck with Burmannii I'd love to get something like this going. I have a "Perlata" flowering right now and I'm gonna go for it.

What's that growing over in the peat pot?
Aquis31 liked this
By That one plant boi
Thanks! How do you grow yours? I fi d them to be some of my easiest dews (granted I only have a few different kinds)

The stuff in the peat are Norway spruce seedlings I grew from a bonsai kit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
Apollyon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:47 pm Awesome! If I didn't totally suck with Burmannii I'd love to get something like this going. I have a "Perlata" flowering right now and I'm gonna go for it.

What's that growing over in the peat pot?
Post a pic of your Perlata.
Apollyon, Aquis31 liked this
By Apollyon
ChefDean wrote:

It's looking a little ratty atm because it was growing a stalk under a humidity dome and I had to get it out before the stalk died back
Aquis31, Matt, Jasonic2007 liked this
By Aquis31
Apollyon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:25 pm
ChefDean wrote:

It's looking a little ratty atm because it was growing a stalk under a humidity dome and I had to get it out before the stalk died back
They are beautiful, congratulations on the success Apollyon :D
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
That one plant boi wrote:Thanks! How do you grow yours? I fi d them to be some of my easiest dews (granted I only have a few different kinds)
Nice! Sorry I missed this post earlier. I started my plant growing problem with a bonsai kit. I have a black spruce I need to give away to someone who has a climate the plant can go dormant in. Best I can do is keep it in a net pot and hope it gets cold. Considered a refrigerator dormancy and keeping it small. They like to put different species from polar opposite climates but I do dig my jacaranda trees.

Anyway, I should've said "germinating" Burmannii is my problem. I'll yield 2 plants or so per batch for some reason it's been 2 per attempt 4 different times. Perhaps its a seed viability thing, I'm not sure. The last time was those perlata and I did it much differently. I used peat/sand/perlite and chopped some live sphagnum and mixed it together. As you can see, the LFS is growing through and creating a ground layer lol. It may survive outside of the box but I'm not sure. I burned it from fertilizer which is why the tips are brown. Growing the plants to maturity hasn't been an issue. I just can't fill a pot to save my life :lol: I have 3 (maybe 4? the lights and feed have been a factor in coloration) different types that I'd like to do a mashup pot and mix them all together. I think that would look pretty cool. The Perlata cross itself looked really cool and is kind of inspiring me to mix up a couple plants to see if I can create a unique colored one. I even have a name in mind :D
By Aquis31
Apollyon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:25 pm
ChefDean wrote:

Here is the second generation of "Perlata", from my cultivation. ;)
Attachments:
"Perlata"
"Perlata"
20210423_190757.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 2246 times
ChefDean liked this
Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!