FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
It's still a little early in the season at our current latitude in southern Oregon, but we've had another abnormally warm year, so the flytraps are putting out their spring growth now and a few flower stalks are emerging. They look really, really great this year! Leah did a stupendous job potting up my mother pots a couple of months ago and I've been doting on them quite a bit this spring so I'm pretty proud of how nice they look. The climate here in southern Oregon is very challenging, so I do what I can!

Just a few random shots I took last night as the sun was going down. The lighting wasn't great, but I was too busy during the day to get out there and snap photos!
Wally.jpg
Wally.jpg (251.18 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
SD Kronos.jpg
SD Kronos.jpg (234.75 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
FTS Maroon Monster.jpg
FTS Maroon Monster.jpg (316.66 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
FTS Crimson Sawtooth.jpg
FTS Crimson Sawtooth.jpg (256 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Bobioden, MikeB, tommyr and 1 others liked this
By camsdad66
I'm sooooo "jelly" as the young people say! How do y'all grow such gorgeous flytraps? Witchcraft? Voodoo? Lol. Mine look ok, but....dang!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Matt liked this
By Matt
camsdad66 wrote:I'm sooooo "jelly" as the young people say! How do y'all grow such gorgeous flytraps? Witchcraft? Voodoo? Lol. Mine look ok, but....dang!
Thanks! No secrets here at all. I've shared everything I know in the articles on FlytrapCare in our recent videos. Lots of sunshine, large pots that are insulated, consistent moisture levels that aren't too wet for too long and never dry, and low-mineral water are the only things needed to grow healthy flytraps!
By Adrien
Received my new mother pots for next year! Should be nice. I also found a new sphagnum brand that I might horde for my self :P :oops:
Attachments:
32104618-C6E4-4CB0-B99E-D4032E0ED870.jpeg
32104618-C6E4-4CB0-B99E-D4032E0ED870.jpeg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 2493 times
Matt liked this
By Matt
@Adrien, those pots will work great!!
Adrien wrote:I also found a new sphagnum brand that I might horde for my self
Oh nice! I'm curious what the brand name is. We have a new supplier as well and, even though it didn't seem possible, it is actually better quality New Zealand long-fiber sphagnum than Besgrow. It's the same species of sphagnum, but they do a much better job of quality control. I've been in contact with the owners in New Zealand and I plan to place an order for an entire 20-foot shipping container once we're in Missouri and have a lot more space for storage.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!