FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Bobioden
Matt wrote:No worries at all @Adrien! Just stinks that he upped the price so much for those people who still want to get it but didn't order it yet. It will be quite a while before I can offer it again but I'll eventually get it propagated and offer it for a much more reasonable price than $100 :D
$100 is absolutely crazy. Description went from Rare to Very Rare.
By Matt
Got my FTS Trigger Happy today! Had to fix the name :lol: ;)

It is just a single very small plant right out of tissue culture and was unfortunately uprooted during shipment, but seems to have stayed moist enough to stay alive. I just shoved it back into the moss for the photo but will fully repot it tomorrow.

It's pretty darn small but looks healthy and I'll feed it well this year so it should be quite nice by next year. Thanks so much @Bobioden for ordering it for me!! I didn't realize you were shipping it directly to me. That was above and beyond and very, very much appreciated!!
20210408_175626.jpg
20210408_175626.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2237 times
Adrien, vflytrap87 liked this
By Adrien
Yeah the sphagnum was all over the place and messy when my sister unboxed it for me. Was on FaceTime and I was like “oof I don’t like the way it came” and when she unboxed FTS plants for me she was like “damn they packed these good” :lol: always go for FTS for the best of the best!

Took a closer look and I love how you wrote FTS over CCCP :skull:
By Matt
Adrien wrote:when she unboxed FTS plants for me she was like “damn they packed these good” always go for FTS for the best of the best!
Yeah, Leah has the packing process pretty darn dialed in now!!

Adrien wrote:Took a closer look and I love how you wrote FTS over CCCP
:lol: Yeah! The name of the plant is "FTS Trigger Happy" so "FTS" belongs in front of the name printed on the plant stake and there wasn't any room there so it had to be written over CCCP. Oh well :mrgreen:
Adrien liked this
By Matt
Adrien wrote:What happened to FTS Evil Pupils? Was it renamed for “Werewolf spawn” ?
Just noticed this and that I missed it earlier. Yes, FTS Evil Puppy (not sure where Pupils came from) was one of a few Werewolf seedlings that I started here in the US before I could get ahold of a Werewolf. There were over a dozen of the seedlings that looked similar. 'Werewolf' does propagate from seed fairly well and retain its unusual traps.

FTS Evil Puppy looked super impressive in TC and right out of TC but after growing it in vivo for a while, maybe a year or two, it wasn't substantially different from all of the others that looked like the parent plant 'Werewolf' so I didn't continue to propagate it and I never offered it for sale in the US, but did send one to my friend in the EU who had sent me the 'Werewolf' seeds.
Adrien liked this
By Matt
OK, I'm confused by Craig's listing again. Now that we have sorted out that TTN has really no meaning or purpose in his eBay listings because they're all genetic tissue culture clones and should just be called whatever the name of the plant he cloned was, I'm good there.

But now I'm confused by what "Sold Per Container" means. I noticed this phrase on the packing slip as I went to repot the baby FTS Trigger Happy this morning. Does anyone know what "Sold Per Container" means? I've never ordered from Craig before, so I'm not sure that my expectations are correct. I'm guessing that "Sold By Container" means that you'll receive multiple plants from a single TC container, but that's not what I got in the mail yesterday. I took a look at what @ChefDean, @Nepenthes0260, and @Bobioden received and it was multiple plants. I received only a single very tiny plant. Some of the plants that @Nepenthes0260 and @Bobioden got were larger than the single plant I got and they received multiples. See their posts here:
iso-fts-etna-and-fts-trigger-happy-t499 ... ml#p377272
and here:
iso-fts-etna-and-fts-trigger-happy-t499 ... ml#p377317
and Chef's post here:
post377052.html#p377275

And here's what I got:
FTS Trigger Happy before potting
FTS Trigger Happy before potting
FTS Trigger Happy1.jpg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 2151 times
FTS Trigger Happy after potting
FTS Trigger Happy after potting
20210409_083152.jpg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 2151 times
Now the product on eBay is listing for $100 for a little plant like that? Crazy!!

@Bobioden, thanks again so much for placing the order and sending it to me. But if I were you, I might reach out to Craig and let him know that there was only a single small plant in the shipment to me, which I don't think is what the listing describes. I'm certainly not complaining because I didn't pay for it and I'm happy to grow it again! I mean, it looks healthy, though not well hardened, but it will grow. The issue is that I don't think it is in alignment with what was advertised in the listing.

@Bobioden, also, please let me know what you might be looking for as I'd love to send something to you in return for your kindness and generosity for buying that plant and sending it to me. Let me know if there's anything on my growlist that piques your interest and if I have a spare, it's yours :D
Adrien liked this
By Bobioden
When I ordered mine the list showed 5 containers all with multiple plants. Those are the ones we ordered. When I asked him if he had any more of the multiples he said he was out, but then there was a listing for 3, each with just one plant. They did look bigger, so that was what I ordered and had sent to you. He now has 2 listed, and it looks like the same size plant, but for $100.
I got 3 plants in my order, all very small. All loose and bouncing around.
I just ordered it for you as you said you didn't have it anymore, and I wanted to see it hopefully back available at some time.
Matt liked this
By Matt
@Bobioden, got it, thanks! Yeah, I'll get it in TC again someday and offer them at FTS given that there appears to be demand for the plant. As I mentioned before, I kind of gave up on it in favor of FTS Lunatic Fringe but obviously others like it so I'll go ahead and propagate it again! Thanks again, so much, for sending the plant to me. Let me know how I can repay your kindness. I'd love to send you something you're interested in growing that you don't already have!
By Matt
Update - I reached out to Craig directly yesterday afternoon to ask him about the "Sold Per Container" listed on the packing slip and why I only got one plant from Bobioden's order for me. While he didn't clear up my confusion, he did offer a satisfactory one-word response of "refunded" which I think is more than fair.
Adrien, ChefDean liked this
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!