FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Nepenthes0260
Surprised this one didn't have a thread yet! So far it's looking to be the tallest flytrap in my collection. Originates from Kamil Pasek in the Czech Republic. Should be a monster by the end of the season.
Attachments:
A couple BCP Titan, one with a flower spike
A couple BCP Titan, one with a flower spike
IMG_1882.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 4757 times
Great growth on BCP Titan for early April!
Great growth on BCP Titan for early April!
IMG_1863.jpg (2.1 MiB) Viewed 4757 times
By paulsflytrap
those are some Beautiful plants,
By camsdad66
Awesome! It's destined to star in the upcoming movie "Godzilla vs. THE FLYTRAP"!!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

By Nepenthes0260
camsdad66 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:08 pm Awesome! It's destined to star in the upcoming movie "Godzilla vs. THE FLYTRAP"!!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I know! :lol:

These were just two small pieces from Maggie Chen’s mother plant, which was absolutely massive!
By Matt
Looks great! I secured a couple of those this year too, one from Maggie as well. Looking forward to growing it!!
Nepenthes0260 wrote:So far it's looking to be the tallest flytrap in my collection.
Do you grow WIP Long Snapper, WIP Slim Snapper, Creeping Death, or FTS Towering Giant? They're all quite tall!!
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 am Looks great! I secured a couple of those this year too, one from Maggie as well. Looking forward to growing it!!
Nepenthes0260 wrote:So far it's looking to be the tallest flytrap in my collection.
Do you grow WIP Long Snapper, WIP Slim Snapper, Creeping Death, or FTS Towering Giant? They're all quite tall!!
Awesome! Feel free to post pics of your BCP Titan!

I do grow FTS Towering Giant! That one grew massive for me last year. I have a couple trays of VFTs still mostly dormant that I need to repot and get under lights, and my Towering Giant are among them. I bet it’ll grow taller than this one this year.
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Awesome! Feel free to post pics of your BCP Titan!
Man, my flytraps are looking good this year. I really need to post some photos but the days are just flying by. I'm potting up about 10,000 flytraps right now (about half way done) and Leah is filling all the orders so I'm super strapped for time and energy. But I'll get to taking some photos soon. Mine are a bit behind yours so there's not too much to see yet but once they really start pumping out their spring traps I'll get some good photos :)
Nepenthes0260 wrote:I do grow FTS Towering Giant!
Yeah, it gets quite tall. I think WIP Long Snapper still has the longest leaves I've ever seen in person but FTS Towering Giant is pretty close. BCP Titan looks like it is a tall beast too! I'm looking forward to growing it for the first time this year.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:35 am
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Awesome! Feel free to post pics of your BCP Titan!
Man, my flytraps are looking good this year. I really need to post some photos but the days are just flying by. I'm potting up about 10,000 flytraps right now (about half way done) and Leah is filling all the orders so I'm super strapped for time and energy. But I'll get to taking some photos soon. Mine are a bit behind yours so there's not too much to see yet but once they really start pumping out their spring traps I'll get some good photos :)
Nepenthes0260 wrote:I do grow FTS Towering Giant!
Yeah, it gets quite tall. I think WIP Long Snapper still has the longest leaves I've ever seen in person but FTS Towering Giant is pretty close. BCP Titan looks like it is a tall beast too! I'm looking forward to growing it for the first time this year.
That’s a ton of flytraps! :shock:. Good to know they’re doing really well for you this year.

WIP Long Snapper is another one I need! I’ve heard that it gets massive.
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:WIP Long Snapper is another one I need! I’ve heard that it gets massive.
You definitely need to grow that one! It does get super massive and is extremely impressive when it reaches its peak. Unfortunately, it is also super prone to crown rot and, in fact, almost didn't survive in cultivation due to that. Steve Doonan was entrusted with all of the named WIP Snapper plants directly from Bob Hanrahan of World Insectivorous Plants (WIP).

Bob passed away shortly thereafter and thankfully before he did, he sent Steve his favorite four WIP flytraps (WIP Snapper, WIP Slim Snapper, WIP Big Red Snapper, and WIP Long Snapper). Steve went on a trip and left the care of his plants in the hands of his roommate who overwatered the flytraps. WIP Long Snapper had a very bad case of crown rot when Steve got back home from his trip and basically Steve had to turn it into leaf pullings to save it.

The next year he sent me that one, along with the other WIP plants and some other plants he really enjoyed growing, and I was able to get it into TC and distribute it a bit. It seems to do very well in its native area on the east coast but is very prone to crown rot growing in greenhouses or indoors.
Adrien, Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 am
Nepenthes0260 wrote:WIP Long Snapper is another one I need! I’ve heard that it gets massive.
You definitely need to grow that one! It does get super massive and is extremely impressive when it reaches its peak. Unfortunately, it is also super prone to crown rot and, in fact, almost didn't survive in cultivation due to that. Steve Doonan was entrusted with all of the named WIP Snapper plants directly from Bob Hanrahan of World Insectivorous Plants (WIP).

Bob passed away shortly thereafter and thankfully before he did, he sent Steve his favorite four WIP flytraps (WIP Snapper, WIP Slim Snapper, WIP Big Red Snapper, and WIP Long Snapper). Steve went on a trip and left the care of his plants in the hands of his roommate who overwatered the flytraps. WIP Long Snapper had a very bad case of crown rot when Steve got back home from his trip and basically Steve had to turn it into leaf pullings to save it.

The next year he sent me that one, along with the other WIP plants and some other plants he really enjoyed growing, and I was able to get it into TC and distribute it a bit. It seems to do very well in its native area on the east coast but is very prone to crown rot growing in greenhouses or indoors.
That's fantastic! So glad you were able to save that remarkable plant! I'll have to order one when you get them in stock again :lol:
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:That's fantastic! So glad you were able to save that remarkable plant! I'll have to order one when you get them in stock again
Well, technically Steve saved it. I just got it in TC and get enough propagated that it would be highly unlikely to ever be in threat of dying out of existence again :)

And I would be happy to send you one in advance for the Carnivoria All Red Giant! You can send it whenever you're ready to. I think you're trustworthy enough to do that ;)

I have some trades pending that I really need to get to sending but first I need to get through all of the potting, which might take me another week or so. If you're up for it, I can send you a WIP Long Snapper then. Just let me know!!
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote:That's fantastic! So glad you were able to save that remarkable plant! I'll have to order one when you get them in stock again
Well, technically Steve saved it. I just got it in TC and get enough propagated that it would be highly unlikely to ever be in threat of dying out of existence again :)

And I would be happy to send you one in advance for the Carnivoria All Red Giant! You can send it whenever you're ready to. I think you're trustworthy enough to do that ;)

I have some trades pending that I really need to get to sending but first I need to get through all of the potting, which might take me another week or so. If you're up for it, I can send you a WIP Long Snapper then. Just let me know!!
Thanks so much! That would be fantastic. Definitely no rush, as I expect the Carnivoria All Red Giant will be ready by the end of the season. It may be sooner-- I'll keep you updated.
By Matt
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Thanks so much! That would be fantastic. Definitely no rush, as I expect the Carnivoria All Red Giant will be ready by the end of the season. It may be sooner-- I'll keep you updated.
Perfect, thanks so much! I'll make a note of the trade and probably get it to you in the next week or two. I'll let you know before I ship to make sure you're ready to receive it.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:52 pm
Nepenthes0260 wrote:Thanks so much! That would be fantastic. Definitely no rush, as I expect the Carnivoria All Red Giant will be ready by the end of the season. It may be sooner-- I'll keep you updated.
Perfect, thanks so much! I'll make a note of the trade and probably get it to you in the next week or two. I'll let you know before I ship to make sure you're ready to receive it.
Sounds good. Should be a super exciting one to grow.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!