FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By camsdad66
Hi all,
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Was doing some trimmimg and repotting my Sarracenia recently and thought I would share a few photos. The first open flower this year (as usual) is my S. alata. Also had some "escape artists" trying to get out of their pots again!! Bad plants, bad! Lol.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

ChefDean, Panman, Supercazzola and 5 others liked this
By madrone
Lovely flower - thank you so much for sharing. I'm just starting to see round buds forming next to plumping growth points, so this is a nice harbinger of the season to come!

And dang, those plants are not kidding around. You better get some bigger pots, or else! :)
By camsdad66
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed! I may throw some more up here soon. Noticed the quality (or lack thereof) on some of the photos is poor. We have crappy internet out where I live, so i usually shrink the photos to small size.

By Matt
Absolutely gorgeous! I snapped some photos of my Sarracenia last night and I'll get to posting them soon. It's much harder for me to take good photos of them in the cramped greenhouse and despite the fact that mine are grown indoors, they're still a bit behind yours. Where do you live? They look pretty darn far along, so I'm guessing Georgia or Florida?
By camsdad66
Thanks so much, Matt! I live in southern central Louisiana. The Sarracenia usually start waking up in late February to early March here. They're really rolling right now! Looking forward to seeing some of yours!

By madrone
Just to demonstrate the seasonal lag from LA to WA, my first flower opened this week. Might be a bit of a cheat, as it's a flava var ornata I acquired in Jan or Feb of this year, so I haven't grown it a full year. So, I might be back (hopefully soon) with a first flower of a plant that's been in my sarr garden a bit longer.

Until then enjoying this acid yellow pop of color:
PXL_20210512_005107045.PORTRAIT_2.jpg
PXL_20210512_005107045.PORTRAIT_2.jpg (4.94 MiB) Viewed 3609 times
Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!