FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By sanguinearocks101
krakos000 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:54 pm
sanguinearocks101 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:39 pm I think there should be a post or join time requirement in order to participate. It is blatantly obvious that the krakos000 joined the forums only for the photo contest, as he has one post, made shortly after he joined, and the post is in this thread. It would be all to easy for someone to create multiple accounts so they can add more photos or copy a photo from online and face no penalties to their main account.
I was recommended by another user on this forum "Adrien" to join the photo contest. He has seen my plants, we talk regularly through Instagram and thought I might have a good picture to post. You can check my Instagram where I post photos of my various CPs (same name as here). I don't disagree that maybe these contests should only be for older forum users but I mean no I'll will I just figured it would be fun to join.
Okay, I understand, I was just concerned that some people would create many accounts and post a ton of different pictures.
By Panman
Wow, what a great contest! We had 18 people participate by sharing photographs and I don't know how many people voted. What is really exciting is that we had some new members who participated for the first time. Thank you!

Now, the moment you all have been waiting for. And the winner, by popular proclamation, is:
@Nepenthes0260!

Congratulations! But honestly, who could beat a picture of a carnivorous plant with fangs that is dripping venom? (Okay, it is nectar but still. ;) ) PM me for details on how to claim your prize.

Thank you to everyone who participated. Now it is time to break out the baby pictures and check out this month's new contest.

Thank you to everyone who participated
krakos000, eriction, Nepenthes0260 and 1 others liked this
By Nepenthes0260
Awesome! Just PMed. Big thanks to Panman to hosting these photo contests and to Matt for supplying the prizes!
krakos000, Panman, Matt liked this
By Nepenthes0260
krakos000 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:01 am Congrats!! Bical is probably my favorite species so I'd want that to win anyway haha I need to get another one though of my own
Thank you! It’s definitely a wonderful species, I really like it. Very quick grower too. This plant had a 12” leafspan just 10 months ago and now it’s over two feet wide.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

I have only grown the humptydew type of D. burmann[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!