FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
Hello,

Has anyone had experience buying from carnivero?
They have a very big selection and good pricing.

I’ve never heard of them before please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By hungrycarnivores
The "good pricing" you see is for neps the size of a dime to a quarter. Put your money on FB pages, FTC forums, Matt and Leah, and possibly look around r/savagegarden. Cook's carnivores pricing is better for sarrs/vfts, and for Neps it's really best to get them from NE. They have more competitive pricing and always 'upsize' their plants. What carnivero might do to you is 'downsize' your nep so you pay more for a smaller plant.
By Adrien
Carnivero is a great company and I highly recommend them. I’ve met the owner in person and he is a very knowledgeable guy. The plants always come in great shape and their prices are also very affordable.
By Frothy_Milk
hungrycarnivores wrote:The "good pricing" you see is for neps the size of a dime to a quarter. Put your money on FB pages, FTC forums, Matt and Leah, and possibly look around r/savagegarden. Cook's carnivores pricing is better for sarrs/vfts, and for Neps it's really best to get them from NE. They have more competitive pricing and always 'upsize' their plants. What carnivero might do to you is 'downsize' your nep so you pay more for a smaller plant.
Ok, I was mainly looking at native exotics next for nepenthes, but was looking around for other options before I pulled the trigger.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By optique
I have got four Nepenthes from Carnivero over the years, all are very healthy good sized plants. Only complaint i can even think of is having to look at all the "out of stock" on the website.
Last edited by optique on Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Nepenthes0260
I’ve bought from Carnivero multiple times and have always been extremely pleased with my plants. Besides from Neps, they occasionally even have some rarer sarrs and VFTs available too. Their plants are healthier than NE’s, IMO.
Supercazzola liked this
By Apollyon
I've had decent experiences with them too. They're pretty transparent about what you get. They've also offered some things I couldn't hope to find elsewhere. Size could be bigger on some things but the sizes never really bothered me. Honestly NE's way of handling "releases" irritated me so much one time I won't use them on principle.
Supercazzola liked this
By sanguinearocks101
I bought my first Nep and cp from them. It was a N. Sanguinea and I was very pleased with my order(as is slightly suggested by my username) NE is good if you want to know exactly what you’re getting. I don’t know where hungry carnivores got his opinion from.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!