FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By DeadlyCarnivore
Matt wrote:OK, I've finally put in a fix to keep spammers at bay. Regular users of the forum should be able to edit posts now but spammers should be prevented from coming back later and editing their posts to drop links.

Please let me know if things seem to be working for you. Some of you might be affected by the recent change I made so if you find yourself unable to edit your posts, let me know and I can put in a workaround for you.
Is this only through the website, or should this work through tapatalk as well? Because I still cant edit through tapatalk. I can edit through the website.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

By Matt
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:Is this only through the website, or should this work through tapatalk as well? Because I still cant edit through tapatalk. I can edit through the website.
Not sure about how Tapatalk works but if it uses the forum settings, posts should be editable everywhere. There might be some delay for Tapatalk to update.

What do you see when you try to edit posts via Tapatalk?
By DeadlyCarnivore
Matt wrote:
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:Is this only through the website, or should this work through tapatalk as well? Because I still cant edit through tapatalk. I can edit through the website.
Not sure about how Tapatalk works but if it uses the forum settings, posts should be editable everywhere. There might be some delay for Tapatalk to update.

What do you see when you try to edit posts via Tapatalk?
I see this at the bottom of my screen: Illegal use of $_POST. You must use the request class to access input data. And then it lists what I think is a file folder.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
By Apollyon
Matt wrote:OK, I've finally put in a fix to keep spammers at bay. Regular users of the forum should be able to edit posts now but spammers should be prevented from coming back later and editing their posts to drop links.

Please let me know if things seem to be working for you. Some of you might be affected by the recent change I made so if you find yourself unable to edit your posts, let me know and I can put in a workaround for you.
Awesome. Thanks for making it work! We all appreciate the work you put into making this forum great. Now to try to cross-reference my grow list :shock:
Matt liked this
By Matt
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:I see this at the bottom of my screen: Illegal use of $_POST. You must use the request class to access input data. And then it lists what I think is a file folder.
Ah, that's probably related to a security patch I installed on the server to prevent malicious injection of code. Weird that whatever Tapatalk is trying to do when editing posts is triggering the security software. You might try reporting that one to the Tapatalk people and see what they say.

Supercazzola wrote:Thanks for re-enabling it Matt. Got my growlist updated today!
Apollyon wrote:Awesome. Thanks for making it work! We all appreciate the work you put into making this forum great. Now to try to cross-reference my grow list
Great news on the updated growlists! I'm glad I still have enough of a skillset with web technology to be able to fix custom stuff like this to address the ever-growing threat of spammers and other nefarious people out there while making the forums still usable for everyone else :)
MikeB, Shadowtski liked this

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!