FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By sundewd
I think my climate might be great for them as long as I can get them through the hottest part of the summer (zone8b, summer will have a period at least around 100F, possible peaks around 110, very mild winter, and nightly temp drops). I made up this two pot system with different media sections to try and create an insulating and evaporative cooling effect. Hopefully it works!

Panman liked this
By tracieh
To cool the roots down on the really hot days people use distilled ice cubes and lay them on top the surface. I have no experience in the fancy pots. I have some plants but are indoors under lights at the moment- they will be heading outdoors soon for the first time. I just make sure to add cool water at night.
sundewd liked this
By sundewd
I might be willing to try that on the single hottest day but my goal is to not have to micromanage it and just let it grow so I can keep expanding my plant collection. That's why I ultimately settled on that outer pot for it because it has a plug I can insert and remove, and the whole thing is easy to move. If reallly necessary I could bring it in for those days, but possibly just moving it to the shade could help is what I'm thinking. Another option I've considered is wrapping a space blanket around it :lol: .
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!