Moderator: Matt

Is it suitable?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
0%
By KyleMcKyle
Hello everybody reading this text. I was wondering if this location in my backyard is suitable for my VFT. It's pretty warm but not steaming hot. There's flies, Cockroaches, butterfly's, mosquitos and other bugs. It's currently winter where I live but it's still pretty warm.
Attachments:
20170926_141759.jpg
20170926_141759.jpg (967.11 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
By xr280xr
How many hours does this spot receive direct sunlight per day? What is the temperature and is your flytrap currently dormant? Where does it live currently?
By KyleMcKyle
It receives 12 hours of sunlight every day. The temperature can rise to 24 celcius or change to 21 celcius. My venus trap is in the dormant phase as well.
By xr280xr
That sounds like a good spot to grow it. If you are moving it from a cooler location and/or a location with less light, the change might cause it to come out of dormancy. But it's about time for that anyway, right?
By Benny
AndrewLampi wrote:Hello, this place is definitely not suitable. I recently ran into the same problem as you. I kept an expensive wooden table outside for a couple of months. Since the temperature in our city is constantly changing, I did not drag him into the house. For 4 months, he stood outside at plus or minus temperatures. Recently, we decided to invite guests to our house and sit down at this table. When we started to put the food on the table, we saw that the part of the table that was not set had completely rotted away. We contacted the GardenFurniture.co.uk and they told us that the problem with our table was that it was not covered with a special varnish against extreme cold or heat.
I am 98.9% sure he is talking about a plant, not a piece of furniture. Sounds like you logged into the wrong forum.
Perlite from Ebay

do you guys have a recommended brand thats availab[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!