FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By canromo
Hi, I taked this Plant 3 weeks ago. And something in the traps, what are these things? Before 2 weeks ago some traps too had this things and that traps are died. You can see died traps in picture. They have still this white things. What are these, enfection or any type of mushroom. Are these harmfull for plant. Should I do something?
By Panman
Looks like scale or mealy bugs. Either one can infest your plant. I don't have any experience with pesticides that can be used with VFT. In the mean time, you might be able to use a cotton swab and alcohol to kill the ones that you can find.
Supercazzola liked this
By canromo
How can I use cotton swab with alcohol. Will I aplly to the bugs. Or should be pure alcohol?
By evenwind
You can use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or ethyl alcohol. It doesn't have to be more than 65% or 70% pure. Just dip the cotton swab in the alcohol and touch it to the bug. You'll see the bug change color as the alcohol mats down the white fluff. That should be enough to kill the bug. Repeat for each bug that you can find. You will probably have to repeat the whole process after a week or so since immature bugs are harder to see and much more mobile.
Supercazzola liked this
Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!