FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cyber9
I'm curious if anyone else grows neps on a windowsill and I'm curious to see your plants.

Here's my windowsill collection.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By Sp0nser
HereImage
took about 8 months to accumulate
semi accimulated, dont know if its normal for their leaves to turn red
just started to accimulate this one, so far so good :)
im always having trouble with this one :(
surprisingly this one didnt need accumulating, it just started to grow like normal on he windowsill
nepenthes tenuis, hasnt pitchered in 2 months, maybe its getting used to its new conditions
this ones the easiest of the bunch, needs a trim tho :)
hamata has always been a favorite of mine, i didnt think they could grow on a windowsill

Getting a jacquelineae tomorrow too...

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
By Cyber9
Sp0nser wrote:HereImage
took about 8 months to accumulate
semi accimulated, dont know if its normal for their leaves to turn red
just started to accimulate this one, so far so good :)
im always having trouble with this one :(
surprisingly this one didnt need accumulating, it just started to grow like normal on he windowsill
nepenthes tenuis, hasnt pitchered in 2 months, maybe its getting used to its new conditions
this ones the easiest of the bunch, needs a trim tho :)
hamata has always been a favorite of mine, i didnt think they could grow on a windowsill

Getting a jacquelineae tomorrow too...

From the plants I saw, they look awesome, can't wait to see them grow to maturity.

By hungrycarnivores
Sp0nser wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:39 am Corrupted photos? How did that happen

Hey Sponser,
Would you want to trade some neps? I have some that would definitely be cool at low humidity. And would work. I gave you a pm.
By Sp0nser
hungrycarnivores wrote:
Sp0nser wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:39 am Corrupted photos? How did that happen

Hey Sponser,
Would you want to trade some neps? I have some that would definitely be cool at low humidity. And would work. I gave you a pm.
Nah

By nimbulan
Cyber9 wrote:Those look awesome, I'm curious what species/ hybrids are those?

Let's see here... N. stenophylla, x tiveyi "Red Queen", platychila, bongso, pervillei, spectabilis, "Triffid", albomarginata black, sanguinea (two clones,) spectabilis x talangensis, ramispina, copelandii, faizaliana (new, still adapting,) peltata (this one needs more humidity, I should move it,) burbidgeae, (ventricosa x angasanensis) x ventricosa, zakriana, adnata x eustachya, x pyriformis (can't really see this one,) vogelii, chaniana, bokorensis, maxima x tenuis, ((lowii x veitchii) x boschiana) x platychila

That should be everything.
By hungrycarnivores
Hey @nimbulan, would you consider a possible trade? I'm interested in Pervillei, xPyriformis, Bokor, Peltata, and vogellii. I hope we can work something out; I have a variety of adaptable neps.
By Supercazzola
I often wonder if modern windows let in enough of the spectrum for CPs to grow successfully. Would you mind letting us know what type of windows you have in generic terms? For example, single pane glass, insulated argon filled double pane, etc...
I don’t think my Pella hurricane-rated ones will work well for CPs but they sure give me a good feeling come hurricane season.
Thanks
By nimbulan
This window is actually a triple-pane (not common, I know) and probably has some pretty heavy coatings on the outside though I don't know the specifics. Until our recent ice storm this window was actually quite heavily shaded for most of the year and I use supplemental light.
Supercazzola liked this
By hungrycarnivores
Supercazzola wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:57 am I often wonder if modern windows let in enough of the spectrum for CPs to grow successfully. Would you mind letting us know what type of windows you have in generic terms? For example, single pane glass, insulated argon filled double pane, etc...
I don’t think my Pella hurricane-rated ones will work well for CPs but they sure give me a good feeling come hurricane season.
Thanks
We have triple-paners with argon in them, double uv-filtering insulating windows. Helps us save on aircon bills since we're in CA. The CP's color up underneath them extremely well. The thing is more the angle, since glass is gonna refract light, and possibly reflect it all if the angle is large enough. So first and second floor windows are great. Basement windows not so much.
Supercazzola liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Now comes the hard part...patience!!! :lol: They[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!