FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
Saw this on Amazon. I wrote and complained that it was not Sarracenia, but was Nepenthes and that they should change the description. Who agrees with my ID?
E63266FF-C7BB-4478-8C15-9B3B02324D49.png
E63266FF-C7BB-4478-8C15-9B3B02324D49.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 4076 times
Vanval1230 liked this
By Apollyon
My Sarr's teeth don't grow in like that :(
Panman liked this
By hungrycarnivores
Supercazzola wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:11 pm I did order one already. Waiting on it to ship. But I also like Sarracenia and Nepenthes too, so maybe Matt will expand his artwork :-)
@matt, I am pretty darn good with SVG graphics and line-art. Gimme a pm and I'll get you some designs for free.
Supercazzola, Matt liked this
By Matt
Supercazzola wrote:I did order one already. Waiting on it to ship. But I also like Sarracenia and Nepenthes too, so maybe Matt will expand his artwork :-)
Totally up for that!! Obviously I too like Sarracenia. Nepenthes too, but less so -- at least for growing. Having them in art or on a shirt would be awesome :)
hungrycarnivores wrote:@matt, I am pretty darn good with SVG graphics and line-art. Gimme a pm and I'll get you some designs for free.
That's a very generous offer! Sending PM now...
By Apollyon
Matt wrote: Totally up for that!! Obviously I too like Sarracenia. Nepenthes too, but less so -- at least for growing. Having them in art or on a shirt would be awesome :)
Don't forget cephalotus :lol: I'd rock a ceph shirt. Maybe like how you did that flowering VFT art. That was killer. Do you guys think you'll be doing black(er? I think that shirt may be black or charcoal. hard for me to tell) shirts in the future?
By Matt
Apollyon wrote:Don't forget cephalotus I'd rock a ceph shirt. Maybe like how you did that flowering VFT art. That was killer. Do you guys think you'll be doing black(er? I think that shirt may be black or charcoal. hard for me to tell) shirts in the future?
Hell ya, I'd rock a Cephalotus shirt too! A 3-D Ceph shirt would be awesome.

As for the color of the shirts, I think we'll probably stay with black or charcoal since all colors show well on that background. Why do you ask? Do you have a preference?
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
That'd be an awesome idea too! For me, I wear darker colors often but personally I go with solid black over charcoal. They just look better on me. That's why I was wondering if you were planning on darker shades at some point (pics appeared like a charcoal gray)
By Matt
It's hard to take good photos of the shirts. They actually look almost entirely black in real life. I can see how in the photos they might look more charcoal gray, but when I'm wearing them I'd definitely call it a "black T-shirt" that I have on. I think the color is technically called "black heather" but honestly, the subtle gray colors aren't really noticed other than in very strong light.
By hungrycarnivores
Matt wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:13 am
Apollyon wrote:Don't forget cephalotus I'd rock a ceph shirt. Maybe like how you did that flowering VFT art. That was killer. Do you guys think you'll be doing black(er? I think that shirt may be black or charcoal. hard for me to tell) shirts in the future?
Hell ya, I'd rock a Cephalotus shirt too! A 3-D Ceph shirt would be awesome.

As for the color of the shirts, I think we'll probably stay with black or charcoal since all colors show well on that background. Why do you ask? Do you have a preference?
On the ceph shirt! I already have a heli proof to you Matt. I circulated it around my IG and approval ratings (would you wear it) are about 80%
Matt liked this
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!