FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By twitcher
Last month, I discovered one of my calycifidia's had escaped from the bottom of its pot and had run the length of the tray the pot was in. The runner had sent up plants about every 3 ", just begging to be divided, so I did and started multiple 2" pot/plugs. I don't need extras, so will be putting them out for trade when the weather improves towards the end of March. I am looking to trade for other Utrics or for pings not in my collection.

Calycifidia is an easy Utric that I treat like an epileptic growing in lfsm. It blooms readily.

Also should have a reniformis and some others to trade. If interested please PM me.
By ChefDean
twitcher wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:20 amCalycifidia is an easy Utric that I treat like an epileptic growing in lfsm. It blooms readily.
So, you put it in its side and let the episode run its course while making sure it doesn't swallow its tongue?
Got it.

(Disclaimer: It's a poor attempt at humor. I'm not making fun of a disability, I know you meant epiphytic. Dang autocorrect! Please don't hate.)
By twitcher
Yep, damn computer got me again. I punished it by letting the battery run down. I know that was unfair 'cause it was a software problem, not hardware. But the hardware knows whats going on and didn't interfere. Maybe the intimidation will help.
By Carnies
twitcher wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 am Yep, damn computer got me again. I punished it by letting the battery run down. I know that was unfair 'cause it was a software problem, not hardware. But the hardware knows whats going on and didn't interfere. Maybe the intimidation will help.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Never heard of punishing the computer by letting the battery run low. Guess I'm spoiling mine by plugging it in 24/7. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By twitcher
All kidding aside, I shipped out my first trade of the season Monday and it safely arrived today.

Looking for pings I don't have or epiphytic Utricularia. I have numerous pings and some terrestrial Utrics (sandersonii white/typical, sandersonii Blue, graminifolia, calycifidia available. Mostly looking for the Utrics at this time.

Hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!