FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
Hello everyone,

I don't post much as I'm the quiet type most times and don't know how to respond well sometimes. My question is in regards to Rehder Garden and the "wild clones" that Matt has made from harvesting them. In some of the pictures there is a pic of a pure purple VFT (I forget which Cultivar it was) which I believe Matt gave the Rehder Garden at some point? My concern is that purple plant may have been touched by a pollinator and then the pollinator pollinated one of the "wild forms" in the garden therefore creating an unnatural cross in the garden? Is this likely? I do understand if this did happen then the wild forms located there would probably have red traps but would still be a cultivar crossed with a wild form. I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just a purist in that matter and would like a constructive answer to my question.

Thank You,

Jonathan
By Matt
I believe none of the plants in the Rehder Garden were there naturally. The flytraps were all introduced and I think the garden caretaker told me they had been relocated from somewhere near Boiling Springs, NC.
Jonathan_ liked this

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!