FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Berrybob
Important info: I live in zone 6b and don't have a garage.

I am having some issues with the areas that I keep my dormant plants. At first I had them in my shed, which was ok for a little bit. It started getting too cold and the media started to get frosty. My death cube vft ended up dying (not a big loss, but still a loss) so now I have thr plants in my basement. Temps are good and the plants get some light. The only issue is that I can't keep the media even a little bit moist without getting mold. Any tips on what I should do?
By ChefDean
Depending on who has made the map, I live in 6b or 7a. A couple even say 6a or 7b. This year was weird with that polar vortex pushing subfreezing temps even into Mexico.
Let Mother Nature put your plants to sleep and just watch the temps. If you have to bring them in to keep them from freezing, no worries. Lightly hit them with a fungicide when you bring them in, Bioadvanced 3 in 1 is a good one. Put them in the coldest place you can inside and watch them through the dormancy.
If you can put them back out, do it. If they stay inside, watch for fungus and reapply if needed.
Berrybob liked this
By steve booth
Fungicide will do the job and ventilation will reduce or get rid of mould, have you got any fans?
cheers
Steve
By tommyr
Berrybob wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:55 am I do have some fans, thanks for the tip. Would daconil fungicide do the trick?
You want a SULFUR based fungicide. NO copper!
Berrybob liked this
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!