FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By tracieh
My collection is growing alot. And so I added a grow light under the lowest shelf on my rack. The plants sit on the floor but have plenty of light. Most pots down there have this white powder on the soil. Is this an airflow thing? It's only the ones on the floor. The rest are untouched. It's on the seeds I've recently planted (just their soil not the actual seed) but I'm afraid it's going to ruin their chances.

Thanks for your help! Image

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

By tracieh
Im buying a little fan today. They're on the floor so I'm guessing their airflow is less. Is there a way to remove it and not hurt the seeds?

By ChefDean
Usually that light gray fuzz isn't a big issue, as long as it stays light. If you're worried about it, a little fan will help greatly, along with a light spray of fungicide. I use Bioadvanced 3 in 1 (formerly Bayer 3 in 1) and it works well, even on seedlings. Just a light spray once a week to knock it down, and a light spray once every two to four weeks to prevent.
Supercazzola liked this
By steve booth
As Chefdan says it's not normally a problem I get it most years with my fresh peat seed mixes. It does no harm and tends to disappear after a week or so.
Cheers
Steve
Supercazzola liked this
By Supercazzola
ChefDean, do you think that Bonide Neem Oil Fungicide, Miticide, & Insecticide will be ok? Just trying to give the OP some choices.
By ChefDean
Supercazzola wrote:ChefDean, do you think that Bonide Neem Oil Fungicide, Miticide, & Insecticide will be ok? Just trying to give the OP some choices.
I don't know, I use the Bioadvanced 3 in 1.
However, from what I've read, pretty much any sulphur based fungicide will work, just use it only as much as you need to control the issue.
Supercazzola liked this
By tracieh
Thanks guys! Im getting a fan today and will use a spray. I have safer brand I think it's called? I'm not at home to check.

By tommyr
tracieh wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:52 pm Thanks guys! Im getting a fan today and will use a spray. I have safer brand I think it's called? I'm not at home to check.

Make sure it has NO copper in it. I use Bonide sulfur fungicide.
Supercazzola liked this
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!