FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By hungrycarnivores
Hi all,

I have a conundrum here.

I recently acquired N. Rajah, N. Jacquilineae, N. Tenuis x Dubia, N. Tenuis, N. sp. kemiri, N. palawanensis, and N. stenophylla 'mantapok'.

Turns out they are doing fine in terms of pitchers, the rajah is pitchering and making jumps, but the leaves are getting progressively tinier. I have heard unhappy neps don't pitcher, but I am not seeing this here. I am confused and don't really know what to make. It is worth noting that the kemiri, palawanensis, and stenophylla are brand new, the others are about 5 months in my care.

Please let me know. I will post more pics soon.
By Nepenthes0260
The rajah, jacq, Kemiri, and palawanensis are still fairly new so I wouldn't worry too much about them. Just make sure they're acclimating ok with high humidity, and don't be blasting them with too much light.

I kept my HL neps in way too high of light for some time, which caused shrinking leaves. I moved them to a shadier spot and I'm getting leaf jumps and pitchers now.
By hungrycarnivores
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:16 pm The rajah, jacq, Kemiri, and palawanensis are still fairly new so I wouldn't worry too much about them. Just make sure they're acclimating ok with high humidity, and don't be blasting them with too much light.

I kept my HL neps in way too high of light for some time, which caused shrinking leaves. I moved them to a shadier spot and I'm getting leaf jumps and pitchers now.
Jacq is not yours.. It is 7 months old! How long do they acclimate. And, how high is the lux? Maybe I should switch the lights out with my heli tank?
By Z_Y
If your current grow space has brighter lights than the supplier, then the leaves will tend to be smaller. However, pictures would probably help.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!