FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By StephenB200+
My Bimbo started waking up from dormancy last week, I divided and repotted... but many of the new traps (in center of rosette) are growing with brown edges. Any recommendations ?
Attachments:
Flytraps.jpg
Flytraps.jpg (218.29 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
By Carnies
StephenB200+ wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:46 pm My Bimbo started waking up from dormancy last week, I divided and repotted... but many of the new traps (in center of rosette) are growing with brown edges. Any recommendations ?
That same exact thing happened to me with my flytraps coming out of dormancy. It was the amount of light, try putting them outside with full sun. Or if that's not possible use a high intensity grow light. What kind of light are you using?
By StephenB200+
Thanks for the feedback. I just put them under a grow light three days ago. I kept them in a cellar window, we had a cold snap... I was wondering if maybe they got too cold? The older traps look healthy to me.
By Carnies
StephenB200+ wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I just put them under a grow light three days ago. I kept them in a cellar window, we had a cold snap... I was wondering if maybe they got too cold? The older traps look healthy to me.
Personally my flytraps don't do well under grow lights, it's not enough sun for them and the newer traps don't have enough sunlight.
By StephenB200+
I put mine outside as soon as the weather permits. Still chilly in the Berkshires... :cry:
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!