FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By hungrycarnivores
I have a love-hate relationship with the post like most of you. I got some plants from nep0260 that the outside-facing plants were of terrible quality, and they were beautiful plants before they were in the murderous clutches of the USPS. It is pretty imperative that you (1) give a fair layer between the box and the plants of an insulating material, (2) allow no movement, pack your boxes as tight as you can, and (3) tape and seal boxes on all seams to insulate further. Now, because you hear the USPS is "Slow" at a certain time, don't try and ship FedEx, as those services are often worse (We lost several jellyfish to FedEx being late). Just ask the seller to delay shipping if he/she can. Plus, the US mail has a 50 dollar maximum free insurance you can just ask for at the counter, which is a good cover if you are shipping things of value, it will partially reimburse you.
Matt liked this
By Apollyon
Looks like I'm also having trouble with the post office this week. It very well could be weather related as my FL package went without a hitch but my packages to TX and OR look like they will be late. Kinda makes rushing packages at the beginning of the week pointless lol.
Supercazzola, Matt liked this
By ChefDean
Gotta love 'em.
A few weeks ago, it took three weeks to get a letter sized piece to me from Atlanta.
This week, there are three packages coming to me from NC, FL, and Atlanta again, all via USPS.
The Atlanta took two days (estimated three when sent), the FL and NC are both showing out for delivery today, both a day early as well. Three and four days respectively when they estimated four and five when shipped.
Definitely unpredictable.
Supercazzola liked this

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!