FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Lyra
I want to make a natural pool, I'm wondering if anyone has seen or has one that they incorporate carnivorous plants in. Which CP do you think would be best suit for that type of environment?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Benny
Do you mean pool or bog garden. Pools have high mineral content, salt, or chlorine.
By Lyra
Benny wrote:Do you mean pool or bog garden. Pools have high mineral content, salt, or chlorine.
The idea is make a pool, where you can swim in, but using plants to filter the water instead of chemicals. In 2015, I think, UK made a public natural pool. https://youtu.be/3l9GbuVDJQM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By Jaker00
That would be cool, but I don't think carnivorous plants would do well in it, as the pool is supposed to accumulate nutrients that the plants then filter out, and nutrients in the substrate/water isn't good for carnivorous plants and is often fatal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

By MikeB
Lyra wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:02 pmThe idea is make a pool, where you can swim in, but using plants to filter the water instead of chemicals.
Use a rope with floats to cordon-off part of your pool, then put water hyacinth in there. The bushy roots do a great job of cleaning the water.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!