FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
So yea, I got scammed by Traphappy. I saw ChefDean's post today but unfortunately, It was too late by then. I ended up sending him an Adelae stolon and a beautiful burmannii, which I of course regret doing now.

And to think I was so nice to him.

Moral of the story: beware of those you deal with online and listen to your gut if something feels off.

(Random Axolotl)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
By DeadlyCarnivore
Pretty sure they were banned/disbaled their account. I was PMing him because he wanted to trade gemmae, I can no longer pm him and his name says "anonymous" now...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

By That one plant boi
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:Pretty sure they were banned/disbaled their account. I was PMing him because he wanted to trade gemmae, I can no longer pm him and his name says "anonymous" now...

Exactly what I just tried doing.
Glad you hadn't gone through with anything though!

By ChefDean
@T1PB and @DC.
He was bounced because he failed to honor his end of any agreements he had made, I know of at least a dozen.
I tried to contact everyone I could see was in contact with him, but, unfortunately, I missed some. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to contact you in time to save you some trouble. I can't access private messages, otherwise I could have possibly warned you two as well. I was watching him because we found out that he was a known scammer from multiple sites, but he still got through. He's good, he's quick, and he knows how to distract you and get you excited about making a trade. I'm sure he'll be back under a new username eventually, that's why I listed the cities he's used in the past so you can get an idea if a new member may be him. You can easily change usernames and emails, it's a bit more difficult to change a mailing address.
Thankfully he only got small items from us, but he was able to scam cuttings from plants worth hundreds, maybe even thousands, when mature off of another site.
If you ever have any questions about a trade, reach out to me, I will help if I can.
By That one plant boi
ChefDean wrote:@T1PB and @DC.
He was bounced because he failed to honor his end of any agreements he had made, I know of at least a dozen.
I tried to contact everyone I could see was in contact with him, but, unfortunately, I missed some. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to contact you in time to save you some trouble. I can't access private messages, otherwise I could have possibly warned you two as well. I was watching him because we found out that he was a known scammer from multiple sites, but he still got through. He's good, he's quick, and he knows how to distract you and get you excited about making a trade. I'm sure he'll be back under a new username eventually, that's why I listed the cities he's used in the past so you can get an idea if a new member may be him. You can easily change usernames and emails, it's a bit more difficult to change a mailing address.
Thankfully he only got small items from us, but he was able to scam cuttings from plants worth hundreds, maybe even thousands, when mature off of another site.
If you ever have any questions about a trade, reach out to me, I will help if I can.
No worries.
Like you said, I'm just glad I didn't end up sending him something of great value, but it's still unfortunate that this is going on here in the first place.

By DeadlyCarnivore
ChefDean wrote:@T1PB and @DC.
Its all good, just goes to show what kind of person they are.

By That one plant boi
Carnies wrote:
That one plant boi wrote:(Random Axolotl)
Nice Axolotl
Thanks mate

By evenwind
That weasel should be IP Banned, not just banned by name.
MikeB, Benny, uxleumas liked this
By MikeB
ChefDean wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 pmThankfully he only got small items from us, but he was able to scam cuttings from plants worth hundreds, maybe even thousands, when mature off of another site.
Has anyone sicced the cops on him? If any of the transactions occurred via U.S. Mail, then he committed mail fraud. The penalties for this can be steep, and he definitely needs a lesson in why fraud is wrong.
evenwind, Benny, Vanval1230 liked this
By Benny
Do we know if it was just a kid? I know on other sites it is kids that usually don't uphold their end, or are lying about having any plants to trade in the first place. I know I read once on Terraforums that admins were able to contact the parents somehow.

If it isn't a child, than it is just a rather nasty human being.
By MikeB
A visit from the cops and a trip to juvie court might give him an attitude adjustment.
sanguinearocks101 liked this

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!