FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
My wife bought some Osmocote for her butterfly garden, I guess my slow release, trace metal, organic, mid level nitrogen fertilizer isn't good enough for her flowers.
I remember reading that some growers put Osmocote pellets in their Nep pitchers, but I can't find advice as to how many or how often, so that is my question.
She bought the one for flowers and shrubs, and the instructions say it feeds for up to four months. How many pellets per pitcher do you use, and how often do you do it?
It's coming down from being glutted with Japanese Beetles, but is putting out several new pitchers as a result. I want to keep it going so the pitchers develop better than the last few.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
Chef
Supercazzola liked this
By twitcher
No personal experience, but from my reading, mostly hear of using one pellet in a pitcher. Some reports that the pitcher dies but the plant benefits. I would try it with one pellet and see what happens. If it doesn't kill the pitcher but you want to do more, then try 1 pellet/pitcher for more than one pitcher.
By ChefDean
Well, I have three old pitchers that the top half is dry, so they're on their way out. I've been postponing the inevitable by keeping them half full of water, and recently stuffing them with the Japanese Beetles.
With all the new pitchers forming I'll try one pellet in each of those three and see what happens.
Thanks for the advice.
By P A U L
Can I feed pellets to a flytrap?
By uxleumas
if they are the slow release kind, i think you put 1 pellet per pitcher, but the pitcher might burn off.
By PhilM
I normally put one pellet in each pitcher once they start browning. The pitcher definitely shrivels quicker than usual but the plant definitely grows faster

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!